APPLIERS TUTORIAL for newbies

Navaeha28

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Im really hoping someone can help me with this, I have been trying to look and find answers everywhere but can't get it. And maybe i'm not asking the right question, so here it goes.  Ok i'm want to know when someone wants to know how to do appliers for clothes how do they do it?  I already know how to do clothes, i have made a lot of them and have so many to put out on the line here is my blog with some of my clothes I have made so far http://natteyshay.wixsite.com/dejavucreations, this is just a few, I still have more to upload.  They are fitted mesh 1 prim clothes as of right now, but I want to make them with appliers, so how do I begin with that, and when they talk about a texture, are they talking about a UV texture or a fabric texture for the UUID? see this is where i'm so confused. I need steps and help please, I am a real newbie to appliers and confused with it. I have Script friends who said that I should just do a hud with textures for my clothes instead, are they right should I just do that? or the appliers the best to go with, personaly I love appliers with my avi.  Thanks for anyone who can help me:)  Navaeaha28

3 answers to this question

I think you might be confused.  Appliers are used with mesh bodies to "paint" the texture on the body on layers that are part of the body itself.  Mesh needs to be imported along with the texture into Second Life so you can sell it.  See this page for information about importing mesh and the prerequisites you have to meet. If you are just buying mesh models full perm and texturing them, then you usually get a UV and/or AO map that you use as a guide to create your textures using a 2D graphics program.

For appliers, you will need to go to the shop where the body is sold for information on how to obtain them. If you don't see information in the shop or with a body demo, see if there is information about them in the creators profile and if not, contact them.

Full information about these options is not in the scope of the Answers section.  If you have specific questions about creating or importing mesh ask them in the Mesh forum. Specific questions about the appliers or creating textures for full perm mesh models should be asked in the Fashion or Building forums.  Creators and designers that do the kind of work you are asking about usually are able to answer you.  Tutorials are also widely available on YouTube.

• Like 1

Amethyst is quite right.  An "applier" is used to um, apply, the texture of the clothing you've created to a mesh body, or other mesh attachment like breasts.

However, some mesh clothing DOES come with a texture changing HUD that can be used to, for example, change a pair of shoes from blazing scarlet to white with blue polka dots.  Some makers include such HUDs with nearly all their clothing...see, for example, LaVian.

Both appliers and texture changing HUDs do much the same basic thing...but an applier applies a texture from something YOU have made, to a different object (a mesh body), while a texture HUD changes the texture on the object you've made.

A mesh body with appliers and clothes with their HUD, from technical point of view, are the same thing.

You have to create a script to put inside your clothes: this script should listen ad handle "commands" from a HUD (with another script). The Hud have to send the UUID of the texture(s) you want to apply to clothes: the script inside the clothes will apply it to the mesh.

You can create the texture with any kind of paint software: tga (1024x1024) is the best texture format.

The texture have to use the right UV map.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.