how do i limit my visitors

Sunbleached

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

I can think of a way, but it would probably offend visitors who get turned away.  Write a script (or hire someone to write it) that makes a list of the people in your parcel every few seconds.  If there are more than 25 people, compare the current list with the previous one and send the newest person home or eject her.  As I said, it's not a very kind thing to do, but it would work.

Of course, the region owner can put a cap on the number of people in the whole region (unless you are on the Mainland), but then your own parcel could grab that whole allotment and make all your neightbors angry at you.

========

EDIT:

In case you're interested, a script like this ought to work. It's untested in world, so there are no guarantees.  I can think of one way in which a large group of partygoers could block you or your close friends from entering the parcel, but adding a short whitelist would solve that.

integer gMax = 20;  // No more than 20 people allowed here. Adjust as necessary.list gOldList;list ListXnotY(list lx, list ly) // return elements in X list that are not in Y list{    list lz;    integer i = llGetListLength(lx);    while(i--)    if ( !~llListFindList(ly,llList2List(lx,i,i)) )              lz += llList2List(lx,i,i);    return lz;}default{    state_entry()    {        llSetTimerEvent(3.0);        list temp = llGetParcelDetails(llGetPos(),[PARCEL_DETAILS_OWNER]);        if (llGetOwner() != llList2Key(temp,0))  //The parcel owner doesn't own this script        {            llSay(0,"Please deed this object to the person or group that owns this parcel.");        }    }    timer()    {        list newlist = llGetAgentList(AGENT_LIST_PARCEL,[]);        integer len = llGetListLength(newlist);        if (len > gMax)        {            list newguys = ListXnotY(newlist,gOldList);            integer i;            do            {                llTeleportAgentHome(llList2Key(newguys,i));                ++i;            }            while (i < llGetListLength(newguys));        }        else        {            gOldList = newlist;        }    }}

As the note indicates, this will not work if the object that it's in isn't owned by the person or group that owns your parcel. If you are renting, you may need to talk with your landlord.

The only practical way to do that is to explain to your friends your limits and ask them not to come unless you TP them and not to TP anyone there on their own.  If they show up on their own and you exceed your limit you'll  have to tell them to leave and come back later when there is room for them.  Your real friends should understand and respect your request.  If they don't they really aren't your friends.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.