what the maximum complexity allowed in an avatar?

ivy3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

The maximum complexity is whatever each individual sets her viewer to accept.  Use the Avatar Maximum Complexity slider in Preferences >>> Graphics.  If you slide it all the way to the right, you are allowing unlimited complexity.  If you slide it to the left, you will see more and more jelly dolls, because your limit is low. 

Setting a very high limit lets you see all avatars, regardless of how complex they are, but that comes at a price.  First, it puts a heavy load on your graphics card, which means more lag.  Second, it makes you vulnerable to graphics card crashers, which some griefers can use to overload your card deliberately.  That can crash SL for you, and in some circumstances can actually cause permanent damage to your graphics card.

• Like 2

but my game actually ended up catching and was logged out twice in a row, I thought there was a limit permitted by own linden, I edit my graphics settings and see if that does not happen anymore thanks for your help.

unfortunately just try a problem with my video card as I entered the island where it was so I thought linden put any limit, I will follow what they said and change my graphic form to see if it does not occur again.

There's no mandated upper complexity limit.  It's assumed that individuals will set the maximum complexity that they're comfortable with, relative to performance, in their own viewers.

However, even the most complex "normal" avatar won't be much over 500,000.  An avatar as complex as the one in your linked image is almost certainly wearing a graphics crasher, trying to mess with people.

• Like 1

if the intention was to cause him to lag or crash other players certainly got my game crashed and I was logged out soon after met him, many are using complex avatars to enter the island crystals and disrupt other players.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.