(SOLVED) Cannot delete an item that I rezzed in my apartment

LadyEllenT

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Edit:

solved! It was an invisible alpha which was a couple inches below the nametag and I was able to find it by CTRL + T.

I was rezzing random items from a freebie box of pictures/posters in my apartment and I can't delete one of the items. It appeared as just text and looks like a name tag. Like other nametags, it doesn't show up in a snapshot. I cant seem to right click on it in order to pull up the menu. I've re-logged, TPed out etc and it still just floats there. Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

I haven't seen a titler in years, but from what I know now I would guess that they use an alpha (transparent) box with hover text. So click BELOW the words or use whatever means your viewer has to highlight transparent objects, Ctrl Alt T and/or a menu option.

Titlers are meant to be worn rather than rezzed, not that you would know that from a box of ancient freebs. :matte-motes-smile: When you figure out how to click on it, try looking in the description. If it has the same words as the ones you see in the hover text, then the text will change to whatever you type in the description. If it doesn't, try saying something in local chat.

As you're exploring this curious world, be careful you don't agree to let an object take money from your account. I rezzed one that wanted to from a box of freebies when I was newly hatched and couldn't figure out how to delete it because I couldn't see it. Fortunately it was on a friend's parcel and he was able to use the land controls to make it go away. Scary moments when an ominous box came down asking for something to do with money that I didn't understand. :matte-motes-confused:

Zoxin wrote:

CTRL ALT + T, probably invisible/alpha.

This worked. Thanks! It's weird but when I was trying to right click on the "object", I also tried right clicking all around it but I must have just missed the item because it was a couple inches BELOW the name tag.

Thanks for the advice. I don't know how anyone figures out how to even be in sl without lots of help! Luckily, a friend brought me here who has been in sl for several years and she spent the first few days teaching me the basics - dressing, unboxing, alphas, inventory, TPing, LMs, where to get free lindens, free stuff etc (I quickly figured out I prefered mesh to prim clothes) searches, how to set my preferences and graphics for minimal lag, etc and giving me all the warnings. I also have a couple of very patient guides who have made sure I don't experience the same newb headaches they did. I would have given up a long time ago if it weren't for them and other helpful folks on this forum.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.