Sign in to follow this  
Chic Aeon

A little philosophy on mesh and skills

Long long ago when mesh was fairly new I made some very pretty mesh hills. I plopped down my cabin up in the sky and enjoyed the very pretty hills. I couldn't WALK on the hills however and they were pretty "primmy". But I had hills.

Then Aquila made some new 17 land impact hills for LEA7 which saved me TONS of primmage (thanks so much) and which served us well until the end. I still use them for my personal projects.

Winter is coming though and I am smarter now than I was then. So I decided it would be good to see if I could remake my hills to be as low land impact and walkable as Aquila's. 

And you know what? It was easy.

Easy NOOOOW!!!!  So many things I didn't know.

We learn as we work and while I will absolutely never be as smart as Aquila, I am smart-er and that is good enough for me.

My version of the hills came in at 20 instead of 17 as they are a bit smoother and more complex but I can live with 20 at up to 64 meters in size.

So thanks again to all for all the help over the years. It has been appreciated and passed along.

Coding is much the same.  At times, I've looked back at code I wrote a long time ago, and think to myself, what was I thinking?  Then I'll go through the code and rewrite it and it'll be much easier to write and tighter, more efficient code as well.