14 Triangles = 26K Land Impact

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This double sided wall is a total of 14 triangles. When I import it and set it to Prim, it is 1 LI. However, due to a pretty serious bug, if a mesh is thinner than .5M in any direction, it will revert to/behave like convex hull. So I made it .51m thin, and it changed to 26+K. As in 26 thousand.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7xof0l3klx6sbm/Screenshot%202016-10-26%2010.55.27.png?dl=0

Hi :)

Could be this old one :  https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/Making-physics-HELP/m-p/1751867#M18005

Try going back into Blender and editing your Physics mesh so that all the vertices on one side of the physics wall are perfectly on the same plane : Select the vertices of one side and scale them to 0 (zero) in the X or the Y axis, which ever is appropriate. Repeat for the vertices that make up the other side of the Physics wall. Then export as usual.

This is (almost certainly) an instance of the long-standing problem with triangle-based physics weight calculations. For example, see post 19 onwards in this thread. This was reported as a bug (BUG-965), but left because of reluctance to change the physics weight calculation. You might be able to fix it by editing the collada file to make the offending coordinates exactly the same, as described in the thread.

ETA: Aquila beat me!

I did make sure the sides were zeroed out. And all was fine until I increased width, maybe that un-flattened the planes. In any caseI am not going to deal with it any more, using regular cube prims for physics works fine. 

Anyway I thought my 8K arched wall won the prize but this one has that beat.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.