Can I buy Linden with my paypal money on paypal? IF so, how do you?

flowergirl19

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok so I came across that on your account it says "Use a paypal account" option also with the credit card, I clicked on the paypal option, but its asking for my credit card, and something about checking out. This i don't understand: I thought it was going to atuomattically link my paypal account, so I can choose that option to buy $L. instead. So why is it asking for my credit card? Is there a way I can buy Liden with my paypal money: I feel lost at this: or it has to be transfored to the bank? It's saying:  "Please add a debit or credit card to complete your purchase." and Im not trying to purchase anything! I just wanted to link my account 

10 answers to this question

Read all the instructions carefully!

Yes, you can use your PayPal account as a payment method for Second Life, and you can also use it to transfer out money, if you've managed to make a profit with your business, for example.

First, the PayPal account must be a "verified" one...that is, it is backed up by a major credit card or a bank account.  You do this verification process on the PayPal web site.  NOTE:  If you choose to back up your account with a bank account, you must be careful to keep enough money in your PayPal balance to pay any bills from Linden Lab.  They will not wait several days for money to transfer from your bank, to PayPal, to them.

Once you have a verified PayPal account, then go to Account/Billing Information, on the left side of your Dashboard page on this website.  Click the indicated button to change your payment method (or add a payment method, if you have none at present), and select your PayPal account.  You have the option to use different payment methods for different things...for example, PayPal to buy $L and a credit card to pay land tier or Premium dues.  However, most people use one payment method for everything.

Once you have your payment method set up, then you can go to the Linden Exchange section of the website and use it to buy $L.

• Like 1

This is odd, I have a paypal, and hooked up my bank account /card to it , but when i try to add a new payment option with paypal from Secondlife, it tells me first i must have a bank account linked to my paypal, but thats already done. Its being a big bother to me now.

6 hours ago, AriaMoonlit said:

This is odd, I have a paypal, and hooked up my bank account /card to it , but when i try to add a new payment option with paypal from Secondlife, it tells me first i must have a bank account linked to my paypal, but thats already done. Its being a big bother to me now.

your paypal needs to be verified with the card or bankaccount or it won't work.

But if my bank account has been connected to my PayPal. Then it's been verified on my PayPal, because to do that I had to do a verification process...so I'm just wondering why that won't register with linden labs payment system when I try to add a new PayPal way of payment .

1 hour ago, AriaMoonlit said:

But if my bank account has been connected to my PayPal. Then it's been verified on my PayPal, because to do that I had to do a verification process...so I'm just wondering why that won't register with linden labs payment system when I try to add a new PayPal way of payment .

if you have no funds on your paypal it can still get declined. A bank verification doesn't mean your bank supports direct transfer to paypal.

If it's to slow, LL will not get their money instantly and they don't like to wait

6 hours ago, AriaMoonlit said:

5 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

if you have no funds on your paypal it can still get declined. A bank verification doesn't mean your bank supports direct transfer to paypal.

If it's to slow, LL will not get their money instantly and they don't like to wait

So, if you don't have a credit card attached to your PayPal account then you should preload PayPal with money from your bank account.  Once you have a PayPal balance then the Linden request will go through.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

2 minutes ago, AriaMoonlit said:

That's the thing. I mentioned before that both my credit card AND bank are already connected and associated with my paypal account. And it still gives me the message that I must connect a bank to my account.

Log in to your paypal account.  On that main page, lower left, under 'More about your account' - click "See how much you can send with PayPal":temp.jpg.542b61ad4cb7732be950286e01259afb.jpg

Does the resulting page contain something like the following:

temp.jpg.b0818146ca9f01599cfecf8ca684bb23.jpg

Hmmmm.. Then it's time to call the Linden Lab billing office, assuming that they are not taking the holiday weekend off. 

If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers at any time 24/7:

Local Toll-Free numbers

US/Canada: 800-294-1067 FREE

France: 0805-101-490

Germany: 800-724-4552 FREE

Japan: 800-100-3060 FREE

Brazil: 800-878-3076 FREE

Spain: 90-083-9074

UK: 800-086-9081 FREE

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277

**Note: Support is offered only in English

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.