I need help with logging in. When Iog in i cant even walk around......its very laggy help!!!!

fortyninerman Reinerman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

when I log in we wont let me walk around anymore......something happend to where i can even walking into anything....like im stuck floating in the air......this has never happend to me befor it just rescently happend 3 days ago and im still experincing the same diffacultes.....ive emmpty out my cashe several times and its the same thing......I just need to know whats the next step because i cant get my avatar to work.

1 answer to this question

Clearing cache will not help in this case.  In fact, it can make things worse, since it will increase the time needed to render nearby textures.

Have you tried logging in at a different location?  Maybe the region where you're trying to log in is having problems.

If that's not the issue, check your internet connection.  The solution may be as simple as rebooting your router and internet modem, but if that doesn't help, see the various suggestions here: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

Another problem could be your video card drivers.  Have you updated them recently?  If the driver didn't install correctly, your computer may be using default drivers, which are far from ideal for SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.