can people who have parcel powers to build keep items rezzed if the autoreturn is on?

reallyshybabe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So, I own a region.  I want to have the "everyone" group members be able build since we are doing something that required prim projectiles that will de-rez upon impact, but I dont want them to permanently rez items.  Meaning I want their items autoreturned after about a minute.  Also, other group members who have specific parcel powers based on their group tag (such as manger etc) have items rezzed.  The autoreturn in "About Land" says that "autoreturn ofher residents' objects"

If I have auto return set and have build for group, will the people who have build rights in parcel powers be able to keep their items rezzed and those items are not auto returned along with the "everyone" tag people?  I dont want to turn this on and suddenly everyone's items are suddenly returned to them.  That would be a mess.

1 answer to this question

If the land is set to allow everyone to build, but autoreturn is on, then what SHOULD happen is that objects that are not set to group (that is, rezzed by non group members, or rezzed by group members under a different group) will be returned.

If you have been on the land for a long time and there are a lot of things there, rezzed by many people, I would be very leery of enabling autoreturn.  It's very likely that a lot of objects you did not intend to be returned will vanish.  You might try subdividing off a test parcel and experiment with that first, before setting the whole sim to autoreturn.

If you're doing combat, perhaps the projectiles themselves are temp rez?  Or can be made so?  If so, you don't need to turn on autoreturn, the bullets will melt away all by themselves.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.