Having an issue getting a refund from paying a land renter.

Allaria Reich

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On March 10th of this year, I helped a club owner that I work for with land rent, paying L$8,000 in total to a 3rd party land renter 'company' (I assume it's a company, the 'owner' states it in her profile)

It's run by a wife/husband couple and they're usually pretty nice about the rental procedures (from what I'm told by the club owner) but it's the 3rd of April and I still have yet to get a refund from them.

I've asked the club owner what to do, he says to keep contacting them or 'go to Linden labs about it'.  I've tried contacting the wife and have gotten no response in the last hour and a half (I IM'd her in the beginning, then one hour later), I even left a notecard with the LL transaction history with both the wife, husband and a manager that I'd worked with directly on the day of the transaction.

My question is, how can I go about 'contacting a linden' to get this resolved?  L$8,000 might not be a lot to most residents, but it could certainly help me out with my own personal land payments.

Any suggestions are greatly welcomed.

I tried that, apparently he decided to pay the land renter the L$8,000 and wanted them to refund me (I don't know why, the club owner was gone for like 3 weeks before I'd made the payment, and vanished without a trace when he did 'go away')

This is DEFINITLY a lesson to me, no matter how much I might like a club, don't try to be the super hero.

You may want to check the terms of agreement for renting or purchasing land from 'the company' that you had dealings with. Its likely they have a "no refunds" policy and expect you to adhere to that. In any situation like this, you should certainly pay attention to 'the little details' before shelling out 8,000L$ for something, even if you're just trying to help. Its not really the sim owner's responsability to refund you if your friend backed out of owning the club that you helped to pay for.

Just my two cents :)

Allaria Reich wrote:

On March 10th of this year, I helped a club owner that I work for with land rent, paying L$8,000 ...My question is, how can I go about 'contacting a linden' to get this resolved?...

You will want to file an Abuse Report against whoever stole your Ls.  Depending on what viewer you use it should be an option from Help -> Report Abuse. Then detail to LL what happened.

They will not be able to really do anything to help you but they do take notice of Abuse Reports and take actions against people who are chronic abusers.

Good luck!

Lizard Howl

Segarra Estates Owner

Lizard Howl wrote:

Allaria Reich wrote:

On March 10th of this year, I helped a club owner that I work for with land rent, paying L$8,000 ...My question is, how can I go about 'contacting a linden' to get this resolved?...

You will want to file an Abuse Report against whoever stole your Ls.  Depending on what viewer you use it should be an option from Help -> Report Abuse. Then detail to LL what happened.

They will not be able to really do anything to help you but they do take notice of Abuse Reports and take actions against people who are chronic abusers.

Good luck!

Lizard Howl

Segarra Estates Owner

are you completely insane? No one *stole* her money. She gave it to help out a friend make tier...and now expects the landlord to repay her? I never *lend* what I cant afford or wish ot lose..theres a big lesson learnt in this story I think:smileywink:

If you paid the landlord 8K and the club owner also paid 8K then obviously his rent account is in credit. Why should the landlord refund anyone?

The club owner is going to have a credit off of the following month`s rent, so it is him that should just pay that 8K  to you that he won`t need to pay the landlord.

Or did I miss something obvious? :smileyindifferent:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.