Done anyone do an art class digital or phycal.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 weeks later...

paulinetaylor2015 wrote:

Im 35 f Scotland uk looking for a sl class that can teach me like drawing, painting, sketching, I have all the materials I need if I need it for digital wise Im sure I can look for free downloads.

SL is inefficient and inworld classes are slow. You may be held back by the speed and/or knowledge of the instructors, and your classmates who ask questions about the simplest of things.

YouTube is a great resource for learning anything you want to know. Google or other search engines can point you to more information.

99% of the things I have learned have been through the internet, which is a world library at your fingertips.

What I would find valuable though, that does lack because I do not attend a school or program, is a mentor.

Mentors can save you time when  you get stuck, or give you a tip that can accelerate your learning.

Also, techniques are good to learn, but you will find out quickly that it is the WORKFLOW everyone keeps secret. How you go about solving a problem is more valuable than technique. So finding a mentor or guide for yourself in SL or otherwise might help you more than direct instruction.

After all, in the end, you will be doing the drawing, sketching, painting, etc yourself, through hours and hours of applied practice.

Go for it and good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.