My display resolution keeps crashing secondlife

shaynejames

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok so I spilt water on my keyboard and all is fine but somehow between cleaning the water off is that the display resolution on my Windows computer changed the display resolution and the Second life ( I used Singularity) kept crashing and everytime I opened the viewer, it will revert to a different resolution and then it would crashed and all of these stupid popups will come up about crash loop or whatever. I'm not might sure why it is doing this but it is a bit annoying.

I'm just hoping someone can answer this question and help me because I have to blog alot of items and this is my hobby/job :)

3 answers to this question

You ALWAYS need to give lots of details about the computer and viewer you are using. We are guessing as to what may be the problem. Narrow the field and save us and you some t ime.

Water in the keyboard is a problem. How you dried and when you tried to use it after the spill are both huge factors.

The keyboard is made in layers. If a lot of water got in the keyboard it may take days to dry out. It may have also carried debris into the layers and the debris may keep the keyboard from ever working correctly.

If it was coffe or tea... they are going to leave a resideue and ruine the keyboard. 

If you are on a laptop, the problems can be worse. The water, coffe, and debris can get down into the rest of the electronics and cause problems.

Fortunately, whether desltop or laptop the keyboard can be changed out. They are cheap. So, cheap it is seldom worth the time to clean and repair a keyboard.

You can look up the disassembly video for your laptop. Just Google 'disassembly' and your model and brand laptop. Watch that and decide if that is within you DIY skills. You can get parts from eBay..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.