Sign in to follow this  
Sommerland Starostin

SL issues? Can't rezz, can't tp

When you have issues, always check the grid status page.  Currently posted there:

Unscheduled Maintenance

by LindenStatus Linden on ‎10-21-2016 09:37 AM

[Posted 9:27 AM PDT, 21 October 2016] We are currently aware of an issue in which some residents may experience in-world difficulties including making payments with PayPal as well as avatars and objects possibly not rezzing properly. This is due to a DNS provider outage. Please refrain from transacting through PayPal during this time and continue to check this blog for updates.

There's a post you can find out on the main page detailing that this is a common issue right now and it's due to the cyber attack that has paralyzed much of the Internet today.  They had no ETA for fixing it.  Could be hours.  Could be days.  Could be weeks or months.  No telling at this point.

Can't get into Netflix either. I guess the whole internet IS messed up, altho FB is still working. Yes when I try to tp I crash as well and I can only get on with Firestorm, SL Viewer not working at all for me.

Via the IoT its being reported. Imagine, millions of networked thingies all with default passwords never changed. Who ever would have thought that wasn't an accident waiting to happen...

All your toasters are belong to us.