Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TimeofSilks

Prim count possibly?

Recommended Posts

ask the seller, people will not likely know that ...unless they have the same, and that won't be many here on the forums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Torrie Mint wrote:

how would they know the creator.

Google?

In fact, OP also could have probably found the prim count (with the help of Google just like I did; but I'm not saying, on principle) in less time than it took them to type out their post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Torrie Mint wrote:

Its someone selling a gacha how would they know the creator. Contact the person selling it they should be able to tell you.

Buglets treehouse... yes who can guess who's the creator....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

In fact, OP also could have probably found the prim count (with the help of Google just like I did; but I'm not saying, on principle) in less time than it took them to type out their post.

I've been in SL for 10 years and I would never have thought of using Google to find the prim count of anything. I doubt that it would occur to most people, simply because it's not possible to get the answer unless the question had been asked before in a publically available webpage. So don't be hard on the OP - be a Helper and post what the prim count is :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


~*Buglets*~ 1. Treehouse RARE  16 prims
~*Buglets*~ 2. Treehouse Sandbox 4 prims
~*Buglets*~ 3. Treehouse Pool Chair [Pink] 2prims
~*Buglets*~ 4. Treehouse Pool Chair [blue] 2 prims
~*Buglets*~ 5. Treehouse Bookshelf 4 prims
~*Buglets*~ 6. Treehouse Towel Rack 3 prims
~*Buglets*~ 7. Treehouse Pool 3 prims
~*Buglets*~ 8. Treehouse Stump Chair 2 prims
~*Buglets*~ 9. Treehouse Swing 2 prims
~*Buglets*~ 10. Treehouse Rug 1 prim
~*Buglets*~ 11. Treehouse Picnic Blanket 3prims
~*Buglets*~ 12. Treehouse Floatie [Red] 2prims
~*Buglets*~ 13. Treehouse Floatie [Purple] 2prims
~*Buglets*~ 14. Treehouse Log Bench 3prims

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6th result for what searchterm?

If it's in the search results, then it's either been asked before in a public accessible webpage, such as a forum, or it might be in a blog, BUT it has nothing to do with Google. Google knows nothing about anything. You should know that, of course, so your refusal to answer the OP's question, when you knew the answer, was somewhat over the top, especially since you are rated as being a Recognised Helper here in the forum, and the idea of using a search engine to find such SL details is basically a nonsense. It worked this time, but that was pure luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*sigh*

Let's see. We have:

1. An arguably "poplular" gacha item that one finds for re-sale on Marketplace.

2. The name of the item and the name of the Marketplace store right in the graphic that the re-seller posted in their listing.

3. No, it (probably) won't appear in the creator's Marketplace store because it's a "rare" gacha item.

Gee. What to do? Nobody ever reviews such items on their blog, do they? :smileyindifferent:

P..S. The "searchterm" is right in the link in my previous post.

P.P.S. I may be rated a Recognized Helper, Phil, but that does not mean that I always have to be an enabler of other people's sheer laziness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you are both right. Some of the most helpful answers I've found here are links to help pages. Sure, someone could have just answered my question, but what they taught me was more important --- how to find the answer myself. 

Of course, you can point out that Google is someone's friend in this case politely =) 

FWIW, I had never considered using Google for this purpose (finding a prim count of an object), so I learned something too! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the more helpful way to do it would be to (if you don't automatically know the answer, yourself, and still will go through the trouble to find the answer on your own...) give the OP the answers he/she is seeking and tell them how/where you found the info.

That way, you open up their mind to searching the web for the info and help them with their question.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think OP has been on fishing expeditions before (read: used the internet) and knows perfectly well how to fish.

I merely told someone else (it wasn't even addressed to the OP) that I knew of an already very well-known fishing hole.

Everyone already knows where it is.

It's not necessary for me to hold their hand and walk them to it (and bait the hook and hold the rod and reel in when there's a bite).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I apologize, as I wasn't really paying attention to the 'reply to xxxx' line, and was reading it more or less one long discussion.

I'll update my previous post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course you don't have to be an enabler of someone's pure laziness, but you could just ignore him, instead you have to get all dramatic and all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me it is only good manners to show respect for other people's time.I avoid asking questions unless I cannot find the answers my self, that just seems polite to me. (And when someone does take the time to provide useful information, I refrain from shooting the messenger if I dont like the message -- something we see often.)

Griffins post is not where I see the rudeness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, yes. Heard it before. "You don't have to read the post." "You don't have to answer the post."

People should take their own advice once in a while.

P.S. Dramatic? Who's being dramatic? I'm sick at home, bored out of my skull more like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

*sigh*

Let's see. We have:

1. An arguably "poplular" gacha item that one finds for re-sale on Marketplace.

2. The
name of the item
and the
name of the Marketplace store
right in the graphic that the re-seller posted in their listing.

3. No, it (probably) won't appear in the creator's Marketplace store because it's a "rare" gacha item.

Gee. What to do? Nobody ever reviews such items on their blog, do they? :smileyindifferent:

P..S. The "searchterm" is right in the link in my previous post.

P.P.S. I may be rated a Recognized Helper, Phil, but that does
not
mean that I
always
have to be an enabler of other people's sheer laziness.

You talk a load of rubbish. The image that the OP linked to shows a lot of items that appear to go together to make up the treehouse. What appears on the Google results page covers just 3 of them. Therefore you were wrong. Clicking on the listing does come back with a page that lists the items and their prim counts.

P.S. Your link was idiotic. It went to a page that... well, you know what it linked to - stupidity incarnate. Also, you seem to imagine that a search engine is the way to discover how many prims an SL object uses and, therefore, people should use that method. Again you are wrong. On this occasion there was some information to be had but that was just lucky. It's not a method that people can use because it's not a method at all, and nobody is being lazy by asking SL users about it.

P.P.S. I've no idea why you got the 'Recognised Helper' tag but I know that, in this thread, you have shown yourself to be absolutely the opposite. Generally, when someone needs help, and someone else has the answer they need, they will post the answer. If the answer was easy to find, then they would also post how they found it so that it would help the person in the future. Posting that the answer is easy to find and specifically not stating the answer "on principle" is stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Nalytha wrote:

I think you are both right. Some of the most helpful answers I've found here are links to help pages. Sure, someone could have just answered my question, but what they taught me was more important --- how to find the answer myself. 

 

Of course, you can point out that Google is someone's friend in this case politely =) 

 

FWIW, I had never considered using Google for this purpose (finding a prim count of an object), so I learned something too! 

You can't find prim counts through a search engine. I wouldn't have considered trying it for a prim count either, and I've been here for 10 years. This case is an exception that proves the rule. You can find lots of stuff through search engines though, so it's always worth trying it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Pamela Galli wrote:

Griffin is trying to teach the OP how to fish  -- i.e. doing him a favor.

Griffin was being objectionable on principle. Here is how to helpfully do the OP favour:-

The prim counts for all the items are listed in this blog. I found it by searching Google on the name of the item. It's amazing how much can be found by doing a search, so it's always worth trying. I hope that helps :)

Or something similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...