What's going on with SL tv in 2016?

Meow2016

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It has been so long since I've had a tv in sl that I don't know where to start. Used to be tv channels in sl with talk shows or this drama about a trailer park. Does any of that still exist? Or a place you could rent RL movies. Can anyone tell me what is going on with tv now and what kind I might want to get?
Can I watch my netflix or amazon prime inworld? If so I guess I just need a giant internet page? How does youtube work?
I feel like I never hear people talk about tv in sl anymore.

I don't think I can answer all of these questions, but I do watch quite a lot of Youtubes and web-cartoons in SL. I don't use a product, I wrote my own script (that's like, my whole thing).

I'd be highly skeptical of renting movies in SL, since there's no reason to think that your fees go toward the rights holders of the movie. You may still find yourself in hot water.

Netflix won't work in SL because it requires Microsoft Silverlight, and the integrated SL browser doesn't have this. I don't know about Amazon Prime, I wouldn't pay for that service.

For Youtubes I mostly copy the embed code from the video, so it looks something like https://www.youtube.com/embed/v=blahblahbl

TV is definitely less of a thing than it used to be, I really miss the old MST3k showings. :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.