Kill action sprites?

Artorius Constantine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes, and of course you can limit who sees the swirlies by using llRegionSayTo.  That beats spamming everyone in the area with unnecessary chat anyway, So ...

touch_start(integer num){    llRegionSayTo(llDetectedKey(0),0,"Hello, avatar!");}

instead of

touch_start(integer num){    llSay(0,"Hello, avatar!");}

Love it! Eliminated most of the useless chat lol. Even my RP toys talk to much!

You can see it's mixing a potion. There's no reason to say "Mixing your potion".

Love RegionSayTo; It's my goto for anything beyond a MessageLinked. Love cutting down on spam and server loads.

I was just using whisper for this but I think regionsayto will be even better.

llRegionSayTo is a great function.  The only thing you need to watch out for is the spam limit.  From the wiki...

There is a per-destination throttle of 200 messages sent over 10 seconds on channel zero. Thereafter, there is also a per-sending-object throttle of 100 messages on channel zero over 300 seconds (5 minutes). This throttle is relevant only after the first throttle is activated. Messages sent on channels other than zero do not trigger the throttle but, once it is triggered, the block applies to all channels. The block is region-wide and applies to all objects with the same owner. The block apparently lasts until the region is restarted.

That doesn't sound like much of a limitation, but if you are trying to debug a big script with a lot of diagnostic llRegionSayTo messages, you can hit it before you know what happened.

right. the only reason i've used llRegionSayTo on channel 0 is directly to an avatar in place of llInstantMessage

I wrote a quiz script, and sometimes the text can be too long for the llDialog's 512 byte limit

llRegionSayTo has a 1024 limit. and doesn't have the 2 second delay that llInstantMessage has.

so using llRegionSayTo(AVid, 0, "some message") to send say, 5 messages for quiz answer choices

is faster than llInstantMessage(AVid, "some message"); 5 times, which would take around 10 seconds for those 5 to send

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.