I can't quote posts anymore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I keep getting this error message:

An Unexpected Error has occurred.

• Sorry, your request failed. A notification has been sent to the development team for investigation.

Exception ID: 7CEDDF2B

Please click the Back button on your browser.

Return to my original page

I've tried it with Google Chrome and Maxthon II / Internet Explorer, on two different accounts. This happened from day one occasionally, but it usually worked at some point if I kept trying. Now I get this error every single time, no matter how often I try.

PS: I also frequently get the error message "Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied." when I hit the Post button, even if I only typed one line of text with no formatting or links at all. This is very annoying.

I sometimes get the "We could not complete your request...." (or something similar) error message that flashes up top then vanishes .. and Lithium completes my request.

I think my problem is a lag issue. The "Improper HTML" error seems to be related to TinyMCE (the rich text editor that Lithium uses). But the not being able to quote anymore? That's a new one. Are you sure the cursor is inside the Rich Text Edit window when you click the Quote button?

ETA: And I didn't mean my PERSONAL problem is caused by lag .. but at my age, one never knows. LOL

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

PS: I also frequently get the error message
"Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."
when I hit the Post button, even if I only typed one line of text with no formatting or links at all. This is very annoying.

I can understand getting that message when I have messed with the HTML (as I did yesterday when removing part of a table from a post before submitting it). It's annoying to get it when I haven't touched the HTML, however. I get the same message whenever I post anything that has an accented character in it, for example, as when I'm responding in French or German.  My guess is that Lithium's software isn't smart enough to recognize high-bit ASCII codes.  If I go ahead and hit the submit button without making any changes at all, it's always accepted on the second pass, but it is dumb that I need to do that. 

Darrius Gothly wrote:

I think my problem is a lag issue. The "Improper HTML" error seems to be related to TinyMCE (the rich text editor that Lithium uses). But the not being able to quote anymore? That's a new one. Are you sure the cursor is inside the Rich Text Edit window when you click the Quote button?

That could have been it. Now it works again, probably because I made sure to click the Rich Text input field before I hit quote. That is another thing... my browser doesn't place the cursor there by default. If I hit the reply button and start typing, I'm either typing into the void or into the Subject field.

(But now I had the "invalid HTML" error again. It seems that the </blockquote> tag always ends up at the wrong spot in the automatically generated HTML code. That's probably also why you see so many messages where the text under a quote is italicized and appears to be part of the quote, like in Rolig's message above).

*smiles* Glad you got it sorted. I use Chrome and it seldom goofs up on me. It might be a browser related issue as I understand this version of Lithium is using a down-level version of TinyMCE too.

... If I hit the reply button and start typing, I'm either typing into the void or into the Subject field.

I think you might want to check with Void though .. just to make sure she's not getting your missing text and quotes. *GRIN*

(But now I had the "invalid HTML" error again. It seems that the </blockquote> tag always ends up at the wrong spot in the automatically generated HTML code. That's probably also why you see so many messages where the text under a quote is italicized and appears to be part of the quote, like in Rolig's message above).

Hmmmm... That might be it, but if so it's not consistent. I haven't messed with the HTML in this post, for example, and my text is showing up as roman (not italic) despite the quote.  The software got it right without intervention this time.

Rolig Loon wrote:

That might be it, but if so it's not consistent.

Right not consistent. There are some "sticky" spots where the cursor can get stuck, and the key strokes to break away are not always clear. It also acts a little different in every browser.

The editor here is the same one that Jive used, so it shares the same flaky parts.

Seraphiel Galaxy wrote:

Do you mean your personal problem is caused by something else? :smileywink: 

ROFL!! (Walked into that one .. didn't I?)

Which personal problem? I mean, I can do a numbered list, but TinyMCE starts formatting funny once the numbers hit triple digits. *GRIN*

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Seraphiel Galaxy wrote:

Do you mean your personal problem is caused by something else? :smileywink: 

ROFL!! (Walked into that one .. didn't I?)

Which personal problem? I mean, I can do a numbered list, but TinyMCE starts formatting funny once the numbers hit triple digits. *GRIN*

/Me wonders if her list would beat yours :smileyvery-happy:

I keep getting this error message:

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
  • Sorry, your request failed. A notification has been sent to the development team for investigation.

Exception ID: 7CEDDF2B

Please click the Back button on your browser.

I've tried it with Google Chrome and Maxthon II / Internet Explorer, on two different accounts. This happened from day one occasionally, but it usually worked at some point if I kept trying. Now I get this error every single time, no matter how often I try.

PS: I also frequently get the error message
"Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."
when I hit the Post button, even if I only typed one line of text with no formatting or links at all. This is very annoying.

I get that error message if I click on the quote button before the bar of icons has loaded....Whatsmore I KNOW that if I do it I will get that error but I still keep doing too soon LOL :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.