"error cannot access Second life from this computer" Please help I've never played, bought pc on kij

GRIZZLYMOXXY

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I bought this PC off my friend of bought it off a guy on Kijiji or somthing, and so I have never palyed Second life on this PC before and I used t oplay it when I was in junior high (Graduated now) , I really wanna get back into it but for seome reason i keep getting the error "You cannot acesses this from your current pc" or somthing like that, can someone help me figure this out?

2 answers to this question

you don't give any system specs, so a guess...

a) your machine is so low on specs that it's impossible for the hardware to run SL

b) you might have a banned IP. Sometimes you can change this by resetting your router/modem. Power it of and wait a few minutes.

If you have a static IP you could ask your ISP for a new.

Of course if you have a IP ban for your account.... it's not wise to come back, if you'r trackedit will be activated on the new IP too.

You can try call support to find out if the IP is banned.

• Like 3

In addition to Alwin's answer, it's possible the used PC you purchased was previously owned by someone who received a MAC address ban from Linden Lab. If that's the case, changing IP addresses won't help. You'll either have to replace the network card (if it's not a laptop), use a MAC address spoofing program (if such things are still available) or get a different PC.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.