Secondlife Keep crashing when I try to upload texture via Local button.

trentkt9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2836 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, I think it just happened since yesterday.

I was just rezzing the object on the floor (sandbox), and clicked the edit, then uploaded texture file by pressing Local button. And whenever I do this SL crashes. 

Why is this happening? I tried reinstalling the viewer but the same issue.

3 answers to this question

That's a bit scary, since the Local Textures option doesn't upload anything.  The textures are "local" because they remain on your own computer.  Your graphics card renders them so you can see them, but nobody else can.  If that's causing you to crash -- as opposed it being just a coincidence -- it suggests that you have a problem with your graphics card.  It's hard to guess more than that, though, since you didn't tell us anything about your computer.

EDIT:  Try this:  Before logging in, but while you have the login page showing, press Ctrl-P to bring up the Preferences window. Then click on Graphics → Hardware Settings tab. Make sure that “Enable OpenGL Vertex Buffer Objects” is not checked. Then log in.  See if you still have trouble. 

• Like 1

We are assuming you are using the Linden default viewer. When you ask a tech question click the viewer's HELP->ABOUT... and copy paste that info in with your post.

There are a number of things that can cause this. Without more info all we can do is guess. You them get to try all our guess, good or bad.

If you are on an old 32-bit OS and have other programs running, you are very likely to crash when you try to upload a large texture. You didn't give us a size... or tell us how much RAM your system has.

I've forgotten how dependent the upload is or isn't on your video driver. Not knowing which video card you are using, its not possible to know if you need upgrade or roll back your graphics driver.

You can try the Maintenance RC Viewer. It has a lot of fixes in it. Download

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2836 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.