Can i change my username or make a new one and transfer my inventory?!

MistressSummer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I made a username called MistressSummer, well what a BIG mistake that was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As well as exploring SL, I am looking for a SL partner and everyone has said that with a name like that i am not gonna get a SL partner.

So can i change my username to summit like MsSummer, the name atm is giving me trouble i do not need, or if i have to make a new avatar, can linden labs please transfer my inventory as I have stuff I can not transfer and stuff I have paid for!!

Thanks x

4 answers to this question

If you have not invested too much into your current avatar e.g., clothing, skins, etc.  you may want to consider creating an alternate avatar.  Go to secondlife.com and click on join.  Create a new name for your new avatar.  You can now use either avatar in-world.  

While you cannot change your name, you CAN create a Display Name.  Whatever display name you choose, you must keep for at least one week.  Or, you can keep it as long as you like.  In most viewers, the display name will show over your avatar instead of the name you originally selected.

Unfortunately, LL is not in the business of transfering inventory items from one avatar to another, even if it is your alt.

Here is information on how to create a display name. Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.