Damn Marketplace !!

Wilhiam Hydraconis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just try to buy a product. Only availiable via Market Place. I buy the item, money gets deducted .. a laggy period expires ..  AND THE ITEM IS DECLINE BY MYSELF, BUT I NEVER SEE A MENU WITH BUTTONS TO DISCARD IT ... (Or to Keep it which still is my intent ) .. :smileyindifferent:

My general chat log sez :

[09:56]  You decline 'SUPERBIKE 8.0'  ( http://slurl.com/secondlife/Raimondo/52/234/5 ) from Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11.

WTH ? I look in my inventory.. no bike.

I already doubted buying it via Marketplace.

4,800 L down the drain.

:smileysad:

Wilhiam Hydraconis wrote:

No, valerie. That message was automated and there instantly. It was there before I could accept anything..

Never received a menu to either 'Keep' , 'Discard' or 'Mute' which is usual.

That's my whole point.

Were you in busy mode at the time? That causes the viewer to automatically decline inventory offers, IIRC.

I just try to buy a product. Only availiable via Market Place. I buy the item, money gets deducted .. a laggy period expires ..  AND THE ITEM IS DECLINE BY MYSELF, BUT I NEVER SEE A MENU WITH BUTTONS TO DISCARD IT ... (Or to Keep it which still is my intent ) .. :smileyindifferent:

My general chat log sez :

[09:56]  You decline 'SUPERBIKE 8.0'  (
) from Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11.

WTH ? I look in my inventory.. no bike.

I already doubted buying it via Marketplace.

4,800 L down the drain.

:smileysad:

I have had the same problem twice.

As others say, contact the seller or fill a ticket: Marketplace > Failed Marketplace Delivery

No , Boroondas .. that's the weird thing about it. The system acted as if I were in busy-mode, but I wasn't.

If it were so the case I'd easily admit to it and contact the creator because of my own blunder. The vendor seems reasonable from the reviews and I'd have no hesistation contacting him ( which I already did before posting this thread ).

The horror of the event that is still with me is that I did nothing wrong and still it failed like I would have.

I hope this mishap gets settled and I will never ever try marketplace again.

It's just unreliable to me.

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

Don't items go to your trash if you decline them? Unless LL changed that, you might find it there.

No I believe that Declined inventory arrivals do not enter your inventory if you do not KEEP them.  I do that with Notecards and textures I get all the time from friends where I read it and then press decline and it doesnt clutter up my inventory.

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

Don't items go to your trash if you decline them? Unless LL changed that, you might find it there.

I think the "Declined Inventory goes to Trash" function is implemented in the Viewer and not the Sim or Asset servers. I know Emerald did it and Phoenix does too, but I'm not sure which viewer Wilhiam is using nor how other viewers handle declined inventory.

Epilogue.

Thanks to the excellent customer service provided by the merchant all ended well. I have the product now, enjoying it tremendously and am grateful to have met one of those merchants that make SL the fun it should be.

My 'faith' in Marketplace however ? Dented enough to not try it for a looonngggg time anymore .. :smileyindifferent:

My 'faith' in Marketplace however ? Dented enough to not try it for a looonngggg time anymore .. :smileyindifferent:

Glad you got it sorted. However I wouldn't take this as a reflection of how well the SLM itself is working - the error is happening at the point of you receiving an item sent by a script using llGiveInventory, which is what all delivery devices, including magic boxes, use.

If you like, I can send you something in-world via one of my gadgets to test.

One thing to check - look at your mute list and see if there are any magic boxes in the list. If you've ever accidentally hit mute (or ignore or whatever it is) on a SLM delivery before, the name of the magic box will be in your mute list, and any other devices of the same name will be ignored in future. This happens a lot more than people realise.

The accidental "decline" is bi-product of Viewer 2 notification positions  -- object/inventory notifications stack with system notifications and you may click ok on the notification just as the inventory window pops up and the mouse postion is right over the decline.

I've done this a few times when fast clicking.    The easy stack and read messaging of 1.x viewers was far superior.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, another Marketplace non-arrival. 2, in fact, gifts for a friend. I tried a repurchase 24 hrs after the first one didn't show. I've IMed the vendor, but it seems she's not in SL any more...

The Linden's don't matter (100L is hardly stressing the budget) but my friend really would like this item. Any suggestions?

Hannah Sweetwater wrote:

OK, another Marketplace non-arrival. 2, in fact, gifts for a friend. I tried a repurchase 24 hrs after the first one didn't show. I've IMed the vendor, but it seems she's not in SL any more... 

The Linden's don't matter (100L is hardly stressing the budget) but my friend really would like this item. Any suggestions?

Give your friend the money and let them purchase it directly?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.