How much you partner/friends appeance is important to you?

valerie Inshan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4761 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

valerie Inshan wrote:

Okay this is a virtual world. But we are more than pixels. How much do you care about the appeance of the ones you cherish? Is it important to you? Please share.

It is important to me, although my partner is on most often as her alt.  Sigh.

Peace!

I met my SL partner over 2 and half years ago. This is how I looked at that time:

2008.jpg

The way our avatars looked did not impact in any way how and why we started our relationship. We talked a lot, took time to listen to each other, after some months we eventually we came to do voice online and over the phone. We both know what's under our "book covers". 

As for my avatar's apperance, yes I enjoy playing with the numerous and improving possibilities offered by SL, no matter how the others might see me. This is my world, my imagination of a Valerie who (unlike the real me) never gets old, ill or completely alone in a hostile urban environment.

Those who know me in SL have read some pages of my "book". And some of the people in these forums have been smart enough to guess a bit of who I am. They are my friends and I know for sure they would remain my friends even if I turned back to a noob look (or furry, or robot.... whatever!).

If appearance was not important in SL, then we would all stick to the basic starting skin. And it would be the death of all shapes/skins/clothes creators! :smileywink:

valerie Inshan wrote:

Hippie Bowman wrote:

It is important to me, although my partner is on most often as her alt.  Sigh.

Peace!

I have seen Lady and you, Hippie. She's just lovely. Such a sweet and beautiful couple. :smileyhappy:

Thank you Val!  Lady is very special to me!  She is a "Top Shelf" girl for sure!

Peace!

valerie Inshan wrote:

Wow Perrie! Really amazing pictures! :smileysurprised: Thank you for such an incredible creativity!

When he sank his teeth into her shoulder I knew his love and devotion for her was pure, unwavering and forever.  One of the most romantic moments I have ever seen in SL.  You could feel their passion like heat waves surging across the entire club.  How could you not be swept up witnessing a moment like that.

Darling Wilhiam, I am like an Armadillo; crunchy on the outside, but soft on the inside :smileyhappy:

And I am thinking of abandoning the humanoid look altogether and becoming a cockatiel full-time, especially after Storm having a go at my lack of taste in clothing on another forum thread!

And as well as mentioning Janelle, Wildcat, and my ex-partner in the previous post I made to this thread, I should have said, what strikes me more about you, Wilhiam, is not that you are in the form of a rather handsome cat, but your openness and honesty, coupled with a sense of fun that doesn't meander into the land of the deviants, makes a refreshing change, and I am honoured that you are on my inworld friends list. 

Marigold Devin wrote:

Darling Wilhiam, I am like an Armadillo; crunchy on the outside, but soft on the inside :smileyhappy:

And I am thinking of abandoning the humanoid look altogether and becoming a cockatiel full-time, especially after Storm having a go at my lack of taste in clothing on another forum thread!

Only for the male you dressed (the photos you posted; white socks and beige slippers!?)  And, it was all in fun and context of the OP.  :smileyindifferent:

I think you look wonderful.

First off, I spent weeks in SL with a modified n00b appearance--just changing the things I could change via the edit feature.  The first thing, other than a few clothing items, that I purchased was hair, then skin and a shape I could not modify (lessons learned!).  Over time, I got better at picking things out that I liked to see on Venus, modifying her shape, etc.  However, my personality is and always has been the same.

I like my close friends to be happy with how they look.  I have helped all of them in one way or another with appearance issues, even if it was only to toss them a LM to a shoe shop.  If I go out dancing, I like to dress up and my friend to do the same so that we compliment each other.

Since our only limitations to our appearance, whether it be in human form, wolf, or whatever is our imaginations and a few lindens, there should be little in stopping us in becoming what we want to see on our computer screens.  So, yes, appearance is important to me.

Storm Clarence wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

Only for the male you dressed (the photos you posted; white socks and beige slippers!?)  And, it was all in fun and context of the OP.  :smileyindifferent:

I think you look wonderful.

I'm drawing a line under it now.

Venus Petrov wrote:

Val, I do not perceive you as shallow in the least.  I believe that you love and appreciate beauty and you exemplify it in your avatar.  Vanity is not a bad trait.  It is the underlying personality that tempers and softens it and makes one 'real'. 

I agree Venus!  Val's beauty runs more then skin deep huh?  Woot!

Peace!

If it is some new person who doesn't know much then yeah they are gonna look like puke on a pile of crap at first.

In good time they improve. I don't judge someone's particular style, but I think after a while, having some kind of decent look put together is important. I know people who NEVER change their appearance and that is kind of like, bleh.

With making friends, judging their appearance is not something I do. Now my avatar is well put together herself, but really, I find the avy's who are the most vain tend to be like the most shallow. They are more in love with themselves than anything.

With my partner, yeah I like them to look good but I also realise that behind even the most beautiful avatar could be my worst nightmare. yeah, true love in SL. Please.

My avatar is a larger lady, if it were a real life human, she would probably be a size 16 or 18. Women tend to tell me I am too fat but the guys love it. ;) Bones are for the dog, but the meat is for the man. I know I often hear "your shape is more realistic and curvy". As long as the gents are happy, all is well.

So for my priority on what a friend looks like - as long as they are adult humans I am good.

Willow Danube wrote:

Oh... as the typical Virgo, I filter my potential partners through multiple layers even before they knew they wanted to be with me. So the one that finally got through will be exactly the way I always want a man to be. On the good side, I don't have to tell or force the guy to 'mold' into my type, he comes with the package... on the bad side, no one might be able to pass all the 'tests'... which is why i'm still single.. lol!

PS: His appearance is part of the 'layers' that he needs to pass!

Yes, that ^^^

I'm the same way when it comes to potential dates, playtoys, etc.. I have high respect for people who take the time to express their individuality and creativity through their outward appearance. Not only does it give insights into the person inside, but it's also just plain fun to look at sometimes  :smileytongue:  For friends it's not that big of a deal with me as the type of friend I usually gravitate to either already has those traits, or my OCD about my own appearance rubs off on them lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4761 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.