Looking for a medieval RP sim that has dragons!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Revenland allows dragons but isn't the usual fantasy sim of all races uniting against the darker forces. Instead, humans have long banished nonhumans and magic. Fear of anything different has overcome them after King Argon. All races are also balanced out, so just because someone plays a dragon doesn't mean that ballistas and any effect or attack on them is shaken off easily. A dragon would have likely the same amount of injury or consequence trying to get into the human village as any other nonhuman unless disguised in a human looking form.

A little bit about the sim: 

Events range widely from faction based events to sim wide events. Humans are currently going on skirmishes to try and take back the catacombs from the undead. The Bandit King in the forest seems to have been growing a following as the waterfolk deal with a Sea Monster.

Unique races are allowed, though we do have certain rules for things such as shifting and magic to prevent anything OP

Multiple businesses, factions, and player groups are allowed.

Events: http://revenland.com/calendar/month.calendar/2016/09/30/-.html
LM: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Brei%20vaukia/130/123/1049

The Welcome Hub has a Packet with lore info, rules, and more.

• 10 months later...

Would hardly call it a PR tour as much as making sure folk know they've options? Have dealt with several fantasy sims that rise and fall, I see it as letting people know there's still places to go to, hell should anyone like more-so D&D oriented RP Mhirdrun I think was the name of the place is somewhat popular?

15 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

A certain place seems to be on a PR tour, looking at the sudden increase of post numbers mentioning that place...

Actually I am not. But seeing as so many places keep closing and fellow roleplayers keep losing homes, its called making sure that info is out there And Lilith if you notice also posted in a few other threads. So what? Perhaps today I am stuck on the computer and just roaming around adding my two cents. I mean we can still do that right? Last I looked in America we still can.

What do I care what you can or can't do in your part of America, when we're writing on a privately owned, international message board. 9_9

1 hour ago, Kiro Ametza said:

Would hardly call it a PR tour ...

I certainly would call it that way if literally 3/4s of all new posts on the whole board suddenly mention the same place, as long as the thread topic is remotely related to a roleplay topic.

Kinda reminds of the infamous Wh*re Street group spam inworld, who have now switched from general "come visit us!" spam to "come party with us, our DJ is hot" posts. 

It easily comes across as less informative, but rather ... well... needy.

29 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

What do I care what you can or can't do in your part of America, when we're writing on a privately owned, international message board. 9_9

I certainly would call it that way if literally 3/4s of all new posts on the whole board suddenly mention the same place, as long as the thread topic is remotely related to a roleplay topic.

Kinda reminds of the infamous Wh*re Street group spam inworld, who have now switched from general "come visit us!" spam to "come party with us, our DJ is hot" posts. 

It easily comes across as less informative, but rather ... well... needy.

On 10/12/2016 at 4:48 PM, bummingaround said:

Hello!! It seems not many sims allow dragons to RP anymore. What are the sims out there that do?

If you'll notice, I'm not just talking about 'the same place'. I've stated options for people. Laying out options for people isn't exactly the same as dropping to one's knees in, as you said, a needy way. If that was the case, what would there be to benefit from mentioning that there are other options instead that might better suit their tastes?

If I was trying to paint you off as stupid, I'd take the route of a Jehovah's Witness and come up with a door-to-door shpeel and a painted on smile. You're the one stubbornly insisting it's the case. Dealing with a hefty amount of ***** right now to keep going back-and-forth on this like the most passive-aggressive never ending ping pong match. Hell, I personally have rp'd as a damn dragon for quite some time, and if we redirect our attention to the initial purpose of this thread, the question got answered. Did it not?

• Haha 1

Oh the scales are plenty thick, just gets mildly annoying to top things off when someone else goes out of Their way to be snarky. A safe space isn't needed, just know when someone's trying to stir ***** for no apparent reason or for a chuckle or two

• Haha 1

Our Sim, Avilion, has a thriving dragon community. We're a medieval/fantasy sim and are approaching our 11th anniversary in SL We have our own combat system and allow fire breathing dragons. We've got areas dedicated to dragons. We hold monthly dragon races. And we have the other standard species...elves, fae, various creatures such as unicorns and centaurs and wolves, mer....even squishy hoomans! Shoot me a message in world, Im the lead dragon.

Our RP can be "light", but lots of folks enjoy getting on board with a more serious RP too.

Another sim that has a good dragon community is Uhre. I havnt visited there in a while, but the owner is an old friend. They'll do more para rp and narrate their actions more than we would in avilion, if that interests you more.

Also the Isle of Wyrms (IoW) sim has a nice community. They dont really RP as a sim, but they have events for dragons. Yes, they are a vendor, but you dont have to wear one their av's to hang around. Extremely nice people.

This coming sunday, sept 10th 2017, Avilion is holding a hatchie pirate battle with IoW. Hatchlings, boats, cannons, krakens....good times. Since this obviously be a bit silly, take it as an example of our "light RP". We have more story-line type RP's going on that get a bit more serious.

There is also a sim dedicated to RP based on the Dragon Riders of Pern book series. They arent always active and schedule their activities in order to insure that people will be around.

Edited by Aerowin Pfeffer
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.