Stalker is flagging my items?

Eva Artemesia

Hi everybody,

I have an unusual problem. Someone is flagging as many items as he/she can. The item flagged are "Removed under our Marketplace Listing Guidelines for Item Not As Advertised-Incorrect Listing Category." The problem is that my items are exactly as the adv shows (customers can see them using demos and if they eventually find a problem they can contact me, as usual) and they are in the right category, I'm very careful. I've charged one item three times, and many others more than one time, and now I'm loosing my patience. What can I do? How flagged items work? Is there anybody that actually check the flagged items? I can't understand the problem, I'm starting to think I have a stalker that flag my items without reason.

Please let me know,

thank you very much ^^

Eva

Employees of LL are supposed to make the decision, but not all of may do that and just take the items down if they are flagged.  However...

I can't answer for items flagged as not as advertised because I didn't buy anything to check that.

As for wrong category, I did spot check a few of your store items and they weren't in the right place.  Your clothes are in apparel then by sex, but not in the right sub category or even a sub sub category.  Tops should be not be in Apparel » Women's but should be in Apparel » Women's >> Tops then a further subcategory such as tube top, blouse, etc.  Dresses should be in more than just Apparel » Women's » Women's Dresses.  They should also be in one of the subcategories too, such as formal, casual, etc.

LL has gotten very picky about this, because it borks search and shows your items in more categories than they should appear in and is viewed as a way to game this search engine.  So check all your listings to be sure you put them in the deepest subcategory you can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

LL has gotten very picky about this, because it borks search and shows your items in more categories than they should appear in and is viewed as a way to game this search engine.  So check all your listings to be sure you put them in the deepest subcategory you can.

It is in your own self-interest to do as Amethyst suggests too. The deeper you can get a lsiting into the category system, the bigger the chance it will show up on a search results page.

It depends on the kind of tat.  Here are the categories:

Tattoos

• Biker Tattoos
  • Celtic Tattoos
  • Erotic Tattoos
  • Gothic Tattoos
  • Military Tattoos
  • Tribal Tattoos
  • Vintage Tattoos

If the tat you  make truly doesn't fit in one, the general Tattoos category is fine.

Chin is spot on too.  When I search MP I have a script I use in my browser to be able to search by the sub category and sub sub category so I only get the actual item I'm looking for.  I'd never see a halter you made since I would search in the halter category of Tops in women's apparel.  

• Like 1

Item and listing flaggers don't necessarily have to be stalkers.

They can be just average shoppers like myself frustrated with unrelated listings popping up in categories the don't belong, or items listed as freebies when they are $5L, or a host of other things.

Using accurate product titles, descriptions and keywords goes a long way to not only keeping the Marketplace an efficient way to search for things, but also to have people find your stuff more easily (or at least in the ballpark of what they are looking for).

LL makes up the final decision on the flagged item anyway, and if someone is flagging you incorrectly, it will be them that gets in hot water, not you.

REQUEST: I understand you must be into branding yourself, but is it necessary to put your store title first in every product listing?

Yes, it is :)

Anyway, before I was able to edit all my items in the right category (RL work), someone flagged them all at the same time. so I recharge all my many items, putting them in the right category. hope this will work, cause it's a huge work!

Thanks again for your answers!

Kiss

Eva

• Like 1

• Moderators

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Employees of LL are supposed to make the decision, but not all of may do that and just take the items down if they are flagged.  However...

I can't answer for items flagged as not as advertised because I didn't buy anything to check that.

As for wrong category, I did spot check a few of your store items and they weren't in the right place.  Your clothes are in apparel then by sex, but not in the right sub category or even a sub sub category.  Tops should be not be in Apparel
»
Women's but should be in 
Apparel
»
Women's >> Tops then a further subcategory such as tube top, blouse, etc.  Dresses should be in more than just Apparel
»
Women's
»
Women's Dresses.  They should also be in one of the subcategories too, such as formal, casual, etc.

Hello Amethyst Jetaime,

A Linden Lab employee does manually address all flag reports.  Sometimes mistakes do happen, as we are all human, however, when a user flags an item there is no automated process that addresses the reports.

With regards to items not being in an incorrect sub-category, the items are actually shown in fewer categoeies, not more, if they are not in the appropriate sub-category.

Every sub-category item automatically appears in its top level category. 

An item in the Apparel category will ONLY be seen if someone is looking at the main Apparel category.  An item in the Apparel - Women's will ONLY show up if a user is looking at the Apparel - Women's category.

An item in the Women's T-Shirts, category will show when anyone is viewing the Women's T-Shirts, Women's Tops, Women's, and Apparel categories.

• 7 years later...

Dealt with the same issue: the same creation of mine got reported over and over again until I've finally decided to submit this problem as a ticket. Unfortunately I got only one response and not any kind of help. I will show it to you but the answer of that support-help-person I need to describe with my own words thank to the tos:

Hello!

Someone is always reporting and flagging this creation of mine:

Their excuse is "tag spamming" and before it was even a trial to blame me for brand-mark abuse just because I've used the words before "hybrid" and "offspring" and I did not mean for sure a car or a band with those tags! But yes, I've removed them and one day after that I got reported again for "tag spamming" so I've removed a half of my tags now and hope it's going to solve this problem but I do doubt that! Especially because my tags never bothered anyone before and they were related to this baby (family,love,lovers,couple,etc those I've removed now but still I disagree that those tags would be irrelevant to this creation).
Could you please keep an eye on that person and maybe not remove all of a sudden my work for such a silly reason? Here, I will show you which tags I'm using now for this work:

doe,deer,buck,cervine,fur,furry,creature,satyr,baby,ungulate,carrier,pot,potty,pacifier,brood,half,mixed,monster,humanoid,brood,child,kid,
Best regards,
Schimmelpelz

• profile_image
    Vanessa Linden
    said 4 days ago

<--- She admitted to me that every flagged object in the mp would be reviewed for accuracy before they take any none-unmoderated actions (removing). She did tell me too that I should report the person who I would suspect to flag me all the time just for trolling-reasons.
  •  
  • Schimmelpelz
    said 4 days ago

Hello.

alright then, if you were "granting" this report then before removing my work then you can honestly tell me what was wrong with the tags which I've used for this creation? Isn't a baby not family/lovers/couple related?! Please explain it to me I do wish to avoid such situations and you for sure do wish too not to get bugged all the time with removing my stuff, am I right?
    But seriously: how should I report this person who complained about my work as an abuser?! You don't show me who flagged my work so how should I do that?

Best regards,

Schimmelpelz

Gesendet: Freitag, 05. April 2024 um 17:53 Uhr
    #
  •  
Schimmelpelz Resident
said a day ago
Still no response? To be honest I'm feeling mistreated here. May I talk with someone else, please? Or would it be a better idea to make this issue public in a forum?

10 hours ago, Schimmelpelz said:

Still no response? To be honest I'm feeling mistreated here. May I talk with someone else, please? Or would it be a better idea to make this issue public in a forum?

what i make up from the posts you were reported for keyword--spam, and seeing the words mentioned in the post, that is what you do, and LL acted on that.
You are the one being wrong in what i see here, nobody else.

It's btw not often appreciated by the mods to make support answers about personal issues public.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Schimmelpelz said:

Everything you're doing is incorrect on every level of this.

• Thanks 1

If you have a lot of unrelated keywords, that can cause your items to show up in searches where they do not belong. Using a lot of unrelated keywords (especially if your product is not directly related to all those keywords) is one definition of "keyword spam".

I hope this helps your understanding.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well tbh... no I still don't understand. What was wrong about my keywords and why do you count that as spamming? It obviously is a doe,deer,buck,cervine,fur,furry,creature,satyr,baby,ungulate,brood,half,mixed,monster,humanoid,brood,child,kid (offspring/hybrid would have fit well too but heck, copyright thing, got it) and a baby carrier,pot,potty and pacifier is part of this product too. So which one of my tags was incorrect in your eyes? One friend of mine meant the "lovers" one because people usually think then about something sexual (yeah sorry, didn't know that) but a baby is part of a family/couple thing, therefore I still disagree, that those tags don't belong to it. Can't understand too how I should be able to report that flagging-person too without knowing who that person was so yeah, I'm not pleased with LL's reaction to my question and especially not with their decision to simply stop responding to me.

27 minutes ago, Schimmelpelz said:

but a baby is part of a family/couple thing

First of all, the baby is listed with an Adult maturity rating, typically reserved for explicit content, so these two things don't match up. Moderate maturity rating is what you are looking for when it comes to family items. Redo your images so they are not of adult nature.

On 4/9/2024 at 10:42 PM, Schimmelpelz said:

doe,deer,buck,cervine,fur,furry,creature,satyr,baby,ungulate,carrier,pot,potty,pacifier,brood,half,mixed,monster,humanoid,brood,child,kid,

Secondly, even though the carrier, pot, potty, and pacifier are included in your pack, you are not selling those items as the main product. Therefore, they will still appear in search results when customers are trying to find a carrier, pot, potty, or pacifier, which could be considered as keyword spam.

To include additional parts of the pack, use the Features tabs as whole, short sentences ("Comes with potty" or "Potty included") There are five fields available, which is more than enough to list all additional features of your product (carrier, pot, potty, pacifier). The new search system takes into account the Title, Features tabs, and keywords, so adjust to changes to organize your Marketplace listings more effectively.

And don't forget to change other language listings as well, they do not change automatically.

Edited by RohanaRaven Zerbino
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, Schimmelpelz said:

Well tbh... no I still don't understand. What was wrong about my keywords 

keywords need to be directly related to the object, not just sideways. All other things belong in the description.

Something that might help you understand is ; does a customer of MP want to see the item you sell if somebody types just a keyword ... as "lovers" .. the answer is no of course, they will type "deer baby" ... all the rest is spam  and can be reported.

That you can't report the one that reported you is totally normal. You were wrong, the other one only used the right to report you for abuse the keywords to get higher in unrelated search commands.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Schimmelpelz said:

Well tbh... no I still don't understand. What was wrong about my keywords and why do you count that as spamming? It obviously is a doe,deer,buck,cervine,fur,furry,creature,satyr,baby,ungulate,brood,half,mixed,monster,humanoid,brood,child,kid (offspring/hybrid would have fit well too but heck, copyright thing, got it) and a baby carrier,pot,potty and pacifier is part of this product too. So which one of my tags was incorrect in your eyes? One friend of mine meant the "lovers" one because people usually think then about something sexual (yeah sorry, didn't know that) but a baby is part of a family/couple thing, therefore I still disagree, that those tags don't belong to it. Can't understand too how I should be able to report that flagging-person too without knowing who that person was so yeah, I'm not pleased with LL's reaction to my question and especially not with their decision to simply stop responding to me.

Another person mentioned this, so adding:  There is no reason to have "everything" in your keywords. Search depends primarily on the Description now.

CORRECTION: I was corrected. (See posts below).

Edited by Love Zhaoying

13 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:
1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Search depends primarily on the Description now.

Searches on MP will completely ignore the description!

Interesting, so I was wrong.  I swear that I read it in a thread awhile back, sorry!

ETA: @Wulfie Reanimator, I searched for posts that may have misled me but failed. I did however, find 1 post from way back in 2019 regarding "relevancy" (which was interesting, as it mentioned keywords vs. "features" not Description).  I realize the search changed a lot since then, in 2023.

Edited by Love Zhaoying

Many thanks. You did help me all and even the support person did explain it to me too now: couple and lovers were bugging them because people mostly use those kind of tags if they wish to search for hud-related things and it won't suit to baby-stuff. Good to know, won't make that mistake then with the other baby-fantasy-creature projects.

• Like 2