New avatar

minoutchatte

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

That all depends on where the holes are and how big they are. I am not a very good jumper either, but I have discovered that I get better with practice.  If some people can jump over the holes, then you and I can too.  People who design challenges in games within SL don't make them impossible -- just difficult.

BTW, resist the temptation to add scripted features to your avatar that give you abnormal jumping skills.  Many games in SL -- like PaleoQuest, for example -- count that sort of thing as cheating.  If you get caught, you get sent back to the start of the game or perhaps thrown out of it.  That's not an acceptable "bypass".

• Like 2

Your normal jump is about 10 meters. For a longer jump you can usually find what's called a prim jump. Look around near where the jump is and see if there is a prim there that you can jump on as you run up. You can get more mileage if you run up rather than walk. Prim jumping takes practice to get it to work right but worth learning. We have a few set up in the sim I RP in to help jump higher or longer. Practice makes perfect.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.