why can i see a friends profile with group memberships yet i cant see then in the groups themselves?

Georgia Beorn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

When an account is deleted or suspended it will disappear from all groups and from people search, however, if that person is on your friends list itt stays there forever (unless you remove it) and it will always link to their profile. I still have some on my friends list that left years ago.

I think the reason is that there is a ticket called "reactivate an old account" and should someone come back and decide to do that, they would still have their friends.

Their profiles won`t get changed by LL when the account is deleted or suspended, as I said in my post you can see the profile from your friends list but anyone that was not a friend of that account will not be able to see it. They won`t show as active members of the group either. If the account ever gets reactivated they will appear back in the group as a member.

We had an officer in a group once and his account got suspended, he just disappeared from the group, when his suspension was lifted he appeared back in there again. I remember wondering at the time, what if we had wanted to kick him out, because he wasn`t there to kick lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.