Cool Clubs in SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2700 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You will never run into the situation that all avatars who visit look like they jumped out of a fashion blog. Even in upscale live music venues and ballrooms, you will see some people who stick to the same hair and dress they had back in 2009.

But if someone has a good suggestion: What kind of clubs are you looking for and what has disappointed you?

You used to find a lot of high quality avatars at Club Rez, or Ambrosia.. but you'd also find a lot of people using gesture huds and clogging up chat, and most of the DJs talked over the music. GOL was a good spot, but it closed. I haven't found any good new hang out spots in ages. I'll be watching to see if anything good is reccomended here too lol 

I'm curious about answers to the original question, but I imagine a venue full of beautified-to-the-limit avatars would lag terribly, and then people would stop going, and it would fail. Am I being too pessimistic.

I laughed at how true Amythest's statement can be. Fashion can be a full-time obssesion -- I mean, occupation in Second Life, and clubs can get boring quickly (for me, anyway!) if you can't find one that has interesting people in it. It's always a roll of the dice. I sometimes go to clubs with friends, but more often visit each other's homes, so my club time is only a small fraction of my total Second Life time because of the number of friends I'm always trying to catch up with and because I have a bit of a fashion addiction.

UncommonTruth wrote:

You used to find a lot of high quality avatars at Club Rez, or Ambrosia.. but you'd also find a lot of people using gesture huds and clogging up chat, and most of the DJs talked over the music.
GOL was a good spot, but it closed.
I haven't found any good new hang out spots in ages. I'll be watching to see if anything good is reccomended here too lol 

:smileysad:

My heart broke a little when I heard this..

That was my home for the longest time in SL..It was my SL for so long..

When did it close?

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2700 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.