What happens to my Lindens when I close my account?

CrystalsMoon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

If you haven't sold them on the LindeX and then transferred them to your PayPal or Skrill account, then they are lost.  Remember that L$ are technically not money, even though they feel like it.  They are "tokens" that only have value in SL.  Unless you sell them to other residents through the LindeX, they are like poker chips.

Unless you are absolutely sure that you will never come back to SL, it may be smart to just leave the L$ in your account and walk away, instead of actually canceling the account.  When you return -- many people do, even after a couple of years -- your L$ will be wiating for you.  Just be sure that you downgrade your account from Premium and leave any groups that charge you a periodic fee.

Rolig is right.  Or, you can sell them.  Normally there is a lower limit on the amount you can handle with a Process Credit transaction, but this is waived for a transfer that is a part of a final account closeout.  Also, you will need to have a verified PayPal or Skrill account to transfer the money to.

First, sell your $L on the Linden Exchange.  The proceeds go into your $USD Balance.  Then, do a Process Credit transaction to transfer the money from your $USD Balance to your PayPal account.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.