Question about windlight settings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have set a special windlight settings in my region, I would like to know if it is possible that my visitors always see my region with the region windlight settings. I have seen some sims where a pop up appears in the screen to suggest you to change your windlight to the region settings...how I can do that? Sorry bad english. I would like that everyone see my place with the windlight that I have choosen for the region (it may look bad in other windlight settings). Thanks

What you are seeking to do, is not possible. You can set your region's windlight, and you can set your own windlight settings for your own viewer, but you can't actually control others' viewers. There is a setting in preferences that allows people to use the region windlight, but many people keep it turned off becuase they have their own preferences.

Me personally, I *only* use a region's windlight if it looks terrible in all other settings, or if it "needs"(lack of better term) that ambiance. Otherwise, I always use the exact same windlight, everywhere I go. Not everyone is going to think your settings are optimal.

Note that  Amethyst's Parcel Sharing is an OPT in effect in Firestorm. So only those who like to see the owner's parcel settings will see them.

I am wondering if you could set the Windlight so that anyone opting into an experience would see the world as you want. I don't know much about Experiences but do know there have some features just added (official viewer so far). So that could be something to check out.

It seems to me that when I did the Mad Pea hunt at Firestorm that the Windlight was NOT one of my personal ones. Again, though you would need to research that as I have no concrete info.

This is a very low-tech solution, but couldn't you have a greeter that mentioned the setting and offered a link to a website where it was available? I think many people would just ignore this, but at least everyone would have the opportunity to use the suggested setting.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.