I cannot find my telephone and I need to sign up for a class. Can someone help me with this?

mdm13b

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have to sign up for a class inside Second Life and to do this my professor said I need access to the small "telephone" in the bottom right corner of the screen. I am not sure why it is not coming up when I open second life and I would appreciate some help becasue assignments are past-due. Thanks.

3 answers to this question

I'm not aware of any "telephone" iconography or model present in either the standard inventory or normal UI.

It's possible that your professor was talking about a specific HUD or object, given to your account - but this is impossible for us to know. You could ask your professor for better details.

• Like 1

If it's a HUD, it's quite possible that you haven't lost it at all, but simply detached it.  HUDs are objects that are attached to an attachment point on your screen, instead of your avatar.

If you know the name of the object, you can find it in your inventory with the inventory search function.  When you find it, right click it and choose ADD.  It will reattach to your screen.

Another way that HUDs get "lost" is that they are attached, but their position puts them off the edge of the screen.  Right click any HUD that you CAN see and choose Edit.  Then roll your mouse scroll wheel to zoom out and see beyond the edges of the screen.  If you see the missing HUD, right click it and then use the colored positioning arrows to drag it within the borders of the screen.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.