I bought Linden dollars from Linden Xchange and it hasn’t come in yet

Safe Quicksand

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

No, I am willing to bet that you didn't "buy" any L$ at all.  You ordered them with a Limit Buy, hoping that some other SL resident will be willing to sell you L$ at the price you offered.  Remember, this is not a shop.  It's a currency exchange.  If you place a Limit Buy order, you are saying that you are only willing to buy L$ if someone else is willing to match that specific price.  If your offering bid is too low, you could wait for a really long time -- maybe forever -- before the order is filled.

If you want your L$ immediately, you should always use the Market Buy (Instant Buy) option.  You can cancel your Limit Buy by opening your dashboard at secondlife.com and then the link to Lindex >>> Manage >>> Order History.   Find your order and click the Cancel Order link.  Your $50 will be transfered immediately to the USD balanace in your account, where it will be available if you want to place a Market Buy order.

• Like 3

How long does it take for money to be put back in your account after cancelling a Limit Buy order? I know in the above comment you said it would be immediate but it apparently is not as quick as it was to be taken out of my account when the order was placed a few days ago.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.