"Need to update my graphic driver" on a windows 10, error message when opening sl

flowergirl19

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I currently have a windows 10 computer, it's a 64 bit. and everytime I try to open the view, it goes to the VPs, then I get the error message: "second life is unable to read this, out of date, or unsupported hardware. Please update your graphic driver!" and it just closes. I tried to go on other viewers, but it seems my graphic driver isnt updated: On this computer, my graphic driver is a "Mirocrsoft basic display adaptar" because I updated it to windows 10, and I tried to update the graphic card, but not luck bc I tried updating on a intel graphic card and it failed: it's on a onboard graphics,, Im stuggling updating this graphic card. and thats why im planning on getting a new computer tommrow that has a intel graphic card. Is there any soulations on this computer, and this "Mirocsoct basic display adaptor" graphic card?. Is there any way I can play sl on this computer? It's a dell latitude laptop D620, I tried getting Nivdia or AMD graphic card, but i didn't know how: and I think the chip has to be in the computer. 

2 answers to this question

That's a very old machine, first manufactured apparently in 2006.  As far a I can tell from a quick look on line, it uses an Intel HD Graphics 3000 chip, which is on the motherboard.  Unfortunately, according to the Intel website, they do not offer drivers that are compatible with Windows 10 for that chip.  You will not be able to use that machine for SL unless you can downgrade its OS to Windows 7 or 8.1.

• Like 3

Rolig's right.  Worse, because your computer is a laptop, there's no way of updating its graphics capabilities.

You have the two choices:  Uninstall Windows 10 and revert to Windows 7 or 8.1, or buy a new computer.  I recommend a desktop computer; you can get significantly more performance for your money, and they are much easier to upgrade.  If you simply must have the portability of a laptop, look for a "gaming laptop" with a large (17") screen and Nvidia GeForce or AMD/ATI Radeon graphics.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.