"Need to update my graphic driver" on a windows 10, error message when opening sl

flowergirl19

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

That's a very old machine, first manufactured apparently in 2006.  As far a I can tell from a quick look on line, it uses an Intel HD Graphics 3000 chip, which is on the motherboard.  Unfortunately, according to the Intel website, they do not offer drivers that are compatible with Windows 10 for that chip.  You will not be able to use that machine for SL unless you can downgrade its OS to Windows 7 or 8.1.

• Like 3

2 answers to this question

That's a very old machine, first manufactured apparently in 2006.  As far a I can tell from a quick look on line, it uses an Intel HD Graphics 3000 chip, which is on the motherboard.  Unfortunately, according to the Intel website, they do not offer drivers that are compatible with Windows 10 for that chip.  You will not be able to use that machine for SL unless you can downgrade its OS to Windows 7 or 8.1.

• Like 3

Rolig's right.  Worse, because your computer is a laptop, there's no way of updating its graphics capabilities.

You have the two choices:  Uninstall Windows 10 and revert to Windows 7 or 8.1, or buy a new computer.  I recommend a desktop computer; you can get significantly more performance for your money, and they are much easier to upgrade.  If you simply must have the portability of a laptop, look for a "gaming laptop" with a large (17") screen and Nvidia GeForce or AMD/ATI Radeon graphics.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.