Is there a way to sort or search items saved to your market place favorites?

MaggieErinRose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok I know not everyone has a lot of items in their Market Place Favorites. I use it to store items I may need to buy at some point, and now that I figured out how to deco in SL ......well........yeah it is over 60 pages long. lol. I prefer not to buy right away and of course I do not have the linden to do it all at once. Please tell me there is a way to sort or searh for items in the Market Place Favorites, if there is not could you please.........pretty please make one or both.:matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

7 answers to this question

None of us here can make a feature like that even if we wanted to.  We're all SL residents like you, after all.  This is a resident-to-resident Answers site.  Lindens never come here.

In 10 years, I have never had any reason to put anything on a Favorites list myself, so I haven't ever tested whether one can be searched.  HOWEVER, you can't search or re-order any of the other lists (Order History or the items in your own shop, for example), so I would be extremely surprised if you could search Favorites.

No you can't search favorites.  However they are on the list in the order you put them on.  So, if you remember when you put an item on the list that can help you locate it.

It's a good idea to go through your list periodically and delete things that you aren't going to buy or are no longer thinking of buying.  

I just read an idea  - which was to use general browser bookmark folders for your favourites, that way you can have one browser folder called FAVOURITES, and then create as many subfolders under that as you like, with relevant names.  That way you can just bookmark marketplace items to your FAVOURITES browser folder, and keep them in some kind of order.

But it would be good if you could create folders in your SL favourites or wishlists, in the same way you can in shopping sites like AMAZON.

6 hours ago, JordonBanks said:

it would be good if you could create folders in your SL favourites or wishlists, in the same way you can in shopping sites like AMAZON.

This is a truly ancient thread, and what you are suggesting is still not possible.  If you are interested in proposing a new feature, submit a JIRA for it.

6 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

This is a truly ancient thread, and what you are suggesting is still not possible.  If you are interested in proposing a new feature, submit a JIRA for it.

Thanks.  (does it matter I have responded to an ancient thread?.  After all, I am new, so as threads go, although it was posted a long time a go, it was new to me). 🙂

27 minutes ago, JordonBanks said:

does it matter I have responded to an ancient thread?.  After all, I am new, so as threads go, although it was posted a long time a go, it was new to me

Nope, not really.  In general, though, you should be a little cautious about accepting things posted in threads more than a year old, because a lot changes in that amount of time.  Old problems are solved, new features are introduced, and some advice that once seemed reasonable may now be flat-out wrong.  In this particular case, where you are suggesting a new feature, the proper way to wave the idea under Linden Lab noses is to make a New Feature request in the JIRA.  The Answers forum is really meant as a place to ask other SL residents how SL works (or why it doesn't).

Anyway .... My response wasn't meant as a rebuke, but as a gentle nudge.  Welcome to SL, Jordon!  Everything is new, and probably will be for a long time. Keep coming back to ask about  the new things that don't make sense.  ;) 

9 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Nope, not really.  In general, though, you should be a little cautious about accepting things posted in threads more than a year old, because a lot changes in that amount of time.  Old problems are solved, new features are introduced, and some advice that once seemed reasonable may now be flat-out wrong.  In this particular case, where you are suggesting a new feature, the proper way to wave the idea under Linden Lab noses is to make a New Feature request in the JIRA.  The Answers forum is really meant as a place to ask other SL residents how SL works (or why it doesn't).

Anyway .... My response wasn't meant as a rebuke, but as a gentle nudge.  Welcome to SL, Jordon!  Everything is new, and probably will be for a long time. Keep coming back to ask about  the new things that don't make sense.  ;) 

Thanks again for clarification, and useful tips.  Especially about using older guidance in these forums, that may now be outdated.  very useful tip.  🙂

My post response, mainly though was a suggested answer/solution to the initial question, about organising favourites, and the method I read about that I have found useful, and wanted to share.  And by that, I mean using generic browser bookmark folders to organise marketplace favourites.  Works well for me and may be of use to others. 

(the 'wish' about that feature being built in to SL at the end of my post was just an afterthought, but not the main focus of my contribution to this thread, which was, as i say, mainly about suggesting using browser book marks).  Thank you again.  

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.