The Lag is intense in world

Mordred Leodhais

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If everyone where having massive  lag the forum would be inundated with posts like yours. It isn't. Nor am I seeng massive lag.

To start to figure out why you may be having lag we need to know more. When posting a tech question, which yours is, include information about your system and viewer and connection. Use the viewer's HELP->ABOUT... to collect the system info. Tells us if you are desktop or laptop, wired or wireless, and where in the world you are.

Having a good Internet connection does NOT mean you have a good connection to the SL servers. There could be a router in your path that is having problems. So, test it: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

There is a Win 10 problem. Since you didn't post what OS you are running... explaining what to do for that Win 10 problem might be pointless... You can search this forum for the problem. It has been answered sveral times with varying level of competency. As it affects many Wins 10 users, not just SL users, Google will lead you to answers too.

I was having awful SL lag after a large Windows 10 update even though I have a powerful gaming computer and a extremely fast FIOS connection. I rolled back to the previous installation of Windows 10, and that seems to have removed the lag. I am so surprised that I can't find any official comments from SL about this, since I have heard about this problem from others. Whether it is an SL issue or not, SL should investigate it and come up with a workaround. The lag was so severe that SL was unplayable.

It's not an SL-specific issue. It is a Window 10 / OpenGL issue, which appears to be primarily related to Win 10 Cumulative update KB3176938 released at the end of August 2016. see:

https://modemworld.me/2016/09/06/windows-10-opengl-issue-affecting-some-second-life-users

The Lab have been in contact with Microsoft over the issue, as have many other affected by the same issue (people are experiencing the same problem on a number of games). There is an unconfirmed report that a fix is due to be forthcoming from Microsoft "soon". However, if you are on Win 10 and experiencing problems, you might also was to try these suggestions from the Firestorm team:

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/win10

As a Windows 7 user, I cannot vouch for any of the fixes suggested, as I've never had cause to use them.

• 4 weeks later...

Lag in SL & it might be LL's fault. OMG! There might be issues with WIndozze 10!!?  I had W/10 Home x64 on one of four pcs in my home (I built.) After the latest greatest massive security update my USB wireless adapter dropped signal every few minutes & the current version of Google Chrome x64 also ceased to work. Here is the fix that finally resolved my W/10 issues. I removed W/10 & installed a current Linux Debian x64 distro, which I already had on the three other pcs in my home. Of course, this is just my own personal permanant fix. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.