Hover Object Attached on the Avatar

MarianoGT

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Master Scripters,

I have just starting researching about how to make an object hover up and down when attached to the avatar without affecting the avatar it self.

I have tried some free full perms scripts but they started moving my avatar up and down, instead of just the object.

Then I found this one that works fine when the object is on ground, but when I get it attached it doesn't moves at all...

-----

float meters = 0.005; // Range of hover movement in meters.
float delay = 0.1; // Delay in seconds between movements.
integer steps = 2; // Higher steps mean smoother and slower movement but more server load.
integer nstep=0; // Used to increment our steps.
float upDown = 1.0; // Keeps track of up and down state

{
state_entry()
{
llSetTimerEvent(delay); //use the timer to time events, not llSleep!
}
timer()
{
llSetPos(llGetPos()+<0,0,meters*upDown>);
if ((nstep+=1)>steps) //count the steps up or down
{
nstep=0;
upDown = -upDown;
}
}
}

----

This script is for personal use, its something I always wanted to do on a little toy I made for my self. I don't know much about scripting, I would say I'm level (0.1) on a scale of (1.000.000), if anyone can help me do its 2 Step up and down while attached to my avatar I will love it !!!

Thanks in advance,

Marian

And this is the script that makes my avatar move when the object moves when attached.

---

float d=0.25//radius / distance we bob up and down
float step 0.2// distance to move each step.  0.1 would make it bob slow, 0.8 would make it bob faster, ect
vector pos;
float x=0;
vector bobthrust;

{
state_entry()
{
llSetBuoyancy(1.0); // this turns on buoyancy
llSetTimerEvent(0.5); // this sets the timer, the timer makes up bob up and down.
llTargetOmega(<0,0,0.5>,1,1);  // this part makes it spin (uses targetomega so it's client-side)
pos=llGetPos(); // cache our position (note that this will need to be done again if you move it)
llSetStatus(STATUS_PHANTOM TRUE); // become phantom
llSetStatus(STATUS_PHYSICS TRUE); // become physical (for smooth bobbing motion)
}

timer() // this part bobs up and down
{
x+=step// add our step in
bobthrust = <0,0,llCos(x)*d>; // use cosine to figure new position
llMoveToTarget(pos+bobthrust,0.8); // move to that new position
}

---

Unfortunately the first script I posted makes it rotate while attached, instead of moving up and down.

When I use llSetLocalPos and then llGetLocalPos on the same line it says there is an error "Name not defined within scope"

It fixes that the object will stay where I set it and will not try to stay 5 meters above my head. Althought its still not moving up and down, its just static.

They both have to be on the same line ?

Its static now. =C

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.