Ati radeon card graphic texturing issues on viewer 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

HI all, i just thought i would post this in case someone  else has the same issue..

I have 2 machines, one has linux on an old r 300 (9550),  one has windows, with a hd 4670.

I recently tried viewer 2.4 and 2.6, and went back to 1.23 for the following reasons,

The issue is with both machines that everything looks fine except, the avatar is just a featureless black looking thing, or if you have something like another avatar suit on (like a furry for example)  you can see it but your clothing wont texture properly. Now, i was told, that this is a texture rendering issue in the browser,  and i have have done all the stuff such as clearing cache and adjusting settings. I cant update the drivers on either card, because the 9550 on the linux is basically old and not really supported anymore, and the hd4670 on windows, even though i admit the drivers are out of 2009, is the current set of drivers, but there is one other set of newer drivers for it that my pc wont recognize..

Apart from changing my card to a nvidia one, i cant see any quick solution to this, I am not into software development, and as such do not update my equipment every 6 months, and if that is my problem, well then i cant see myself staying in secondlife much longer.. thank you to anyone reading this that might have the same issue. 

"newer drivers for it that my pc wont recognize.."

I recall having an ATI card and having issues with updating drivers often. I don't know Linux but with windows.. making sure you have a back up install of the old drivers and support software that work, revert your video card back to standard VGA in device manager and uninsall all the ATI drivers and stuff. Then do a fresh install of the latest versions.

Cool, i didnt even know about this, im a little cluless about the secondlife wiki

Of course being the weekend im having a usual play with the pc..

I actually dont have multiple monitors on my pc, but the windows grafix has vga and dvi output

but i only use dvi, (vga isnt used)

EDITED.. Now, showing my lack of video card knowledge, i found the grafix card i had was a "powercolor" ati card..

found the powercolor site..and the drivers they had from mid 2010 actually installed...now the ones from amd (ati.com)didnt work at all

Now that is weird.. so far all is good on 2.6 on windows, but i cant say for 2.7 LOL..

Oh well back to work on monday (grins)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.