The MP colour scheme Changed?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can confirm this appeared since upgrading to 49.0.1 - it wasn't present on 48.0.

The errant styling is caused by:-

https://slm-assets0.secondlife.com/assets/screen-ddd8ce7b07e791a6be384f43172cdb3e.css

.cssgradients #canvas-container {	background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(0 8px 90deg, #fefefe, #b4b4b4);	background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, 0 0, 0 10, from(#b4b4b4), to(#fefefe));}

Specifically this is overruling the moz-linear-gradient:-

background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, 0 0, 0 10, from(#b4b4b4), to(#fefefe));

It's to do with how CSS3.0 rules are being poorly interpreted by each browser producer. Mozilla's been poor at this for a while, but it shouldn't be ignoring -moz-specific rules.

I'd say this is probably Mozilla's doing, but LL can create a workaround as well. No clue if it's a permanent change to behaviour.

Internet Explorer

Mozilla Firefox

Yes problem with firefox only

Freya Mokusei wrote:

Can confirm this appeared since upgrading to 49.0.1 - it wasn't present on 48.0.

The errant styling is caused by:-

.cssgradients #canvas-container {	background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(0 8px 90deg, #fefefe, #b4b4b4);	background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, 0 0, 0 10, from(#b4b4b4), to(#fefefe));}

Specifically this is overruling the moz-linear-gradient:-
    background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, 0 0, 0 10, from(#b4b4b4), to(#fefefe));

They use all that code just to get a perfectly white background color? Is there a Css Abuse Help Center in San Francisco?

ChinRey wrote:

They use all that code just to get a perfectly white background color? Is there a Css Abuse Help Center in San Francisco?

Haha. I know this was a joke but I'm going to nerd all over you.

The code I pasted actually moves from-

#fefefe / RGB(254,254,254) / 1:256 white-to-black ratio / 0.4% black (looks like this ||||||||||||| )

-to-

#b4b4b4 / RGB(180,180,180) / 75:256 white-to-black ratio / 29% black (looks like this |||||||||||| )

-in a vertical gradient from top to bottom (with a slight offset).

Bet this is the last time anyone asks me about colours!

AdelleBelle wrote:

I had the same issue myself and was bugging the crap out of me.

I even tried to do a browser restore to no avail. Until i found the solution.

In order to have your MP appearance restored in Mozilla Firefox, you must do the following:

Copy the following code and paste it into your browser window:
about:config?filter=layout.css.prefixes.webkit

Push hit; a confirmation window will show up. Hit ok. On the next window a parameter will show up. Double click it until will change from "true" to "false".

Restart your browser and you are done.

I hope this helps.
:)

It works superbly.

Well done and thanks! :)

Freya Mokusei wrote:

Haha. I know this was a joke but I'm going to nerd all over you.

Sorry but no. Css may look messy and gibberishy enough to fool the ignorants but after all is said and done it is just a markup language. A true nerd will never touch anything that isn't cli!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.