Sign in to follow this  
Amyy Acer

Where do i go to make payments for my region?

Hello i just bought my first Sim last week and had it delivered and set up:smileyvery-happy:

Now i need to know where I can go to pay the $295 so i can be ahead a bit? I have been searching and cant find it:smileysad:

Linden Lab automatically withdraw tier payments on a monthly basis, starting with the date when your sim was delivered. You can't pay ahead, other than by paying US$ into your SL account or exchanging L$ for US$ on the LindeX.

They will always bill your US$ account balance first, and withdraw the rest from either your credit card or your PayPal account, depending on the payment information that you provided.

PS: You can only exchange L$ for real world currency if you earned them inworld. L$ that have been bought on the LindeX can't be exchanged back into US$. You also can't pay your tier in L$, they need to be exchanged first.

You can do what Isthara suggested above or you can go to your avatar dashboard (the one you used to purchase the sim) and change the billing information in the billing tab.

Amyy Acer wrote:

thats going to be a problem cuz im using a different card to pay for the sim than what i used to purchase it. =/ ty

Don't worry, you can change your payment information on the SL website :) Just click "billing information" on your account page. But I read that LL no longer accept prepaid debit or visa gift cards, only credit cards (or PayPal, or bank transfer / direct debit through third party payment processors if you live outside of the USA).

well i have half coming from sl profits and the rest coming from my card. So if i exchange the sl money to my US Linden balance it will take that first? Then my card? Is that the best way?

Amyy Acer wrote:

well i have half coming from sl profits and the rest coming from my card. So if i exchange the sl money to my US Linden balance it will take that first? Then my card? Is that the best way?

Exactly :) LL withdraw as much as possible from your USD balance and take the remaining amount from your credit card. Your account balance has priority.

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

PS: You can only exchange L$ for real world currency if you earned them inworld. L$ that have been bought on the LindeX can't be exchanged back into US$. You also can't pay your tier in L$, they need to be exchanged first.

What ever gave you that idea, Ishtara? L$ are L$, and once in your account you can cash them out just fine. When cashing out L$ from your account and into US$, there's absolutely no distinction as to whether they were earned in-world or purchased on Lindex.

I have bought L$ on Lindex and then decided I didn't need that much, and was able to cash the excess out without the least bit of hassle.

Now I will grant that if you buy huge amounts of L$ on Lindex, and you immediately try to cash that back into US$ and then immediately try to cash it out via PayPal, that will probably trip the API Risk evaluation as possible money laundering. But if all you do is buy $300 USD or so of L$ and then transfer that to your USD balance so it will be there to cover next month's tier, there's absolutely no rules against that which I have ever seen.

Amyy Acer wrote:

Hello i just bought my first Sim last week and had it delivered and set up:smileyvery-happy:

Now i need to know where I can go to pay the $295 so i can be ahead a bit? I have been searching and cant find it:smileysad:

You're always ahead with private estate tier unless there's a billing error, estate tier pays for the next month's tier, the first month is included in your land store purchase price.

Mainland tier works the other way round and you pay for land you owned in the previous month.

If your $L sales don`t create enough credit balance to cover you tier fee, you can just go to https://secondlife.com/my/lindex/manage_balance.php to buy more $US credit,  without needing to buy $L and then changing them back to $US.

But as previously stated, if there is a shortfall LL will just bill the difference to your listed payment method.