i have mac OS X verssion 10.4.11 abd when i upload second life for mac i cant install help

Bel Rain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

The Second Life installer executes automatically as soon as you download it, the same way most programs do these days. It's just a matter of clicking a couple of dialog buttons.  You do need to be sure that your system meets LL's minimum standards.  If it does not, you may be able to install the viewer but you will almost certainly have lower performance than you might hope for.  Now, if you have a system that meets the standards, and you have downloaded the viewer and clicked the dialogs and it doesn't install, what IS it doing? 

==============

Your computer must meet these REQUIREMENTS, or you may not be able to successfully participate in Second Life.

Mac OS X Minimum Requirements RecommendedInternet Connection*:Cable or DSLCable or DSLOperating System:Mac OS X 10.5 or betterMac OS X 10.5.4 or betterComputer Processor:1.5 GHz Intel based Mac2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or aboveComputer Memory:512 MB or more1 GB or moreScreen Resolution:1024x768 pixels1024x768 pixels or higherGraphics Card**:
  • ATI Radeon 9200 and above
  • OR NVIDIA GeForce 2, GeForce 4
  • ATI: 4850, 4870
  • OR NVIDIA: 9800
  • Like 1

I'm also having the same problem. I feel like I've tried everything. I've already payed 29$ and ordered Leopard They said it can take up to two weeks to arrive.

So I'm still in a pickle. My computer broke so im stuck using this MacOS X 10.4 and using XCode 2.4.1. I've tried so many viewers but i'm not a mac person so i'm learning slowly....I'm in desperate need for help I sitll believe there's some sort of way to get a viewer to work on this piece of crap grumblegrumble .I've tried rainbow viewer, doesn't work, I've tried Emerald? doesn't even load. Ahh any ideas? D:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.