Sign in to follow this  
Heidi Citron

Problem in regards to the latest version of SL

When I log in, my avatar does not rezz in completly. All it looks like is a white oval ball or something like that. How can I fix this issue? Thanks

This happens periodically to almost all of us.  If it's rezzing as a cloud and doesn't rezz after several minutes, you may need to clear your cache (done from Preferences>>Network in V1, Preferences>>Setup in V2).  

Also, CTRL-ALT-R will force your client to rebake the various clothing and skin layers--make them into the minimum number of textures and send them to the server to send back to you and everyone else's client--which clears this sometimes.  Also, if this problem happens in a laggy sim, go to a sim that is not laggy, then relog.  

However, if you are not a cloud, it means that one of your attachments is a big sculpty and it's hiding your avatar while it fails and fails and fails to rezz its proper shape.  Clearing your cache will deal with this also.  Or changing outfits to get rid of that slow loading attachment.

Just remember that, in basic mode, Control-Alt-R will NOT work. Nor will any other keyboard shortcut for that matter, presumably because they're "too advanced." So if you use basic mode and are a cloud, be prepared to stay that way.

Anyone else having terrible problems with version 235167 released in the last few days?

It failed to load dlls properly and now terrible lag and rezzing makes it impossible to use. My collegues are having the same problem.