Unable to teleport - Teleport will take too long, then will be disconnected.

jeankyn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2761 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have tried twice to teleport, and was disconnected both times.

Upon relogging the third time, I am now a cloud with no name. I cannot see my friend's name, either. Our complexities are showing, as I have them viewable in their name tags. But nothing else.

3 answers to this question

You evidently have an unreliable Internet connection.  If you are on wireless, don't.  Use a direct cable or DSN connection.  Reboot your router and your modem and restart everything.

Your connection maybe fine for things that don't require low signal loss and minimal ping time, and bandwidth is rarely an issue.  Interference and data loss, though, will mess up your connection to SL servers.

• Like 1

Rolig has probably nailed it.

A good Internet connection is not the same as a good connection to the SL servers. Test it to find out if connection is your problem. http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/'

Also, the region you are in or the region you are trying to get to may be having problems. Before doing anythng drastic wait a few hours and try again.

The coming back as a particle cloud (aka: bake fail) often happens when you get dropped off rather than logging out. If that continues to be a problem you can clean up a bunch of problems by switching to the Test Avatar. Once the avataar renders you and switch back to your avatar.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2761 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.