Will anyone if listen to me if I have questions about unfair gaming practices in SL?

EmeraldJayde

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I consider it abuse when PI Games starts cheating players and nothing is done about it.  As far as i know, unless you have a premium account LL doesn't even listen or care about a ticket filed.  If anyone from LL bothered to go sit at one of the PI Games gaming sims, it's easily seen that players are being cheated.  It changed this past week to where now the jackpots are being withheld and players are not even being given the chance to play for some of the wins on the machines.  You'd think if the terms of the games were going to be changed so drastically, PI Games would have to inform the players.  I've been playing for year's now and I don't mind losing, but being cheated is another thing entirely.  Maybe someone from LL should go play for half a day and see what it's like.  I guess my question is....since the games were changed to comply with U.S. laws, should I be contacting the gaming comission as LL does nothing?

2 answers to this question

For LL it does not matter if you are premium or not.

The only thing is basic members can get help in less subjects. If you agree to that or not, thats a matter of your perception, if you want more help it's simple, go premium.

If you file a ticket it will be looked at. If LL does not take any action it's for them not against policies, or seen as a resident/resident issue. In that last matter they will not get involved unless it is a huge scam.

Of course you can go to the gambling commision... in sl we're mostly talking about very small amounts, you'r going to create a case for 50 dollarcents?

If you don't agree how a gaming region is managed, go to another one, might be a good personal solution.

Keep in mind this part is Q&A, this is not for discussion, if you want that please open a post in the forums.

• Like 2

First you are not allowed to name names here.  It is against the rules.  Edit your post to remove all reference to the place or you may find yourself in trouble.

LL does act against TOS violations when an abuse report is filed, regardless of if you are a premium member or not.  I know because I am not premium but have personal experience with them acting on my reports.

When you file an abuse report you must provide evidence of a specific TOS violation.  Vague charges of cheating will not be acted on. The makers of skill games must be licensed.  The skill games themselves must be certified as skill and not gambling.  The owners of the gaming sites must also be licensed.  You must show what license requirement is specifically is being violated here.   Just turning off a game so players can't play it is not cheating or a violation.  The owner of the games has a right to shut them down if they want and has no obligation to allow players to play to win supposed 'jackpots'.  

Based on the vague information you have given here, they would view this as a dispute between residents and they don't get involved in them.

You can however vote with your feet if you no longer like this gaming site and go elsewhere.

Of course you could go to the US Gaming commission and file a complaint, because anyone can. But they only regulate gambling not skill games. You'd have to show these games were illegal gambling.   I doubt they would or even could do anything.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.