Just want to say Thanks to the mods

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Any chance of an official statement on Wasted and the money-spammers from the mods or - perish the thought - LL?  I'm assuming someone here at least has contacts with them.  At the same time, I realise that any statement they make may be revealing too much about what they have done or intend to do.  Even so, something general about fighting spam would be welcome.

Anyway - once again it's hoorah for the mods :-)

There's an odd ironic kind of humor about this whole battle between LL, their mods, the L$ scammer and that Spanish Guy Whose Name Shall Not Be Used (LOL).

When a Resi is getting griefed by a determined knothead, the best advice anyone can give and the best course of action the Resi can take is to:

1. Totally ignore the griefer, do not reply or acknowledge them
  2. Ban them from your Parcel/Sim
  3. Mute them
  4. (and if they're causing lag or otherwise disrupting SL) .. AR them.

With the two sources of harassment we keep getting every day, the "official" response has been to:

1. Totally ignore the harasser
  2. Ban them from the Forums
  3. Remove their posts
The saddest part of this is .. without proper tools and technology to really stop either the griefer or the scammer/spammers .. it's the best course of action.

I am just glad we are in an improved situation now rather than having to deal with bumping thread and changing titles for a whole weekend till they could be delt with on monday..

I won't be shy to Adimt it..i will AR bot spamming or any throw away acting like a spam bot..and i have been..

there is no love lost between me and bot like throw aways..

i used to never AR..but in those cases i make the acception because of past experiences of frustration from the older forums..I am glad LL put mods back on weekends when a lot of people want to explore the forums for information..

Bots are now a lot less powerfull than they used to be..again Thanks mods =)

Venus Petrov wrote:

We have been told that mods not only work weekend hours, but also overnight. 

Indeed, I have been online at midnight at seen them working.

Of course, my midnight is California's 4pm so I hope LL have had the sense/ability to engage people from different timezones for maximum availability.  Are they employees or volunteers, by the way?  I reallly know nothing about them apart from their contribution

PeterCanessa Oh wrote:

Of course, my midnight is California's 4pm so I hope LL have had the sense/ability to engage people from different timezones for maximum availability.  Are they employees or volunteers, by the way?  I reallly know nothing about them apart from their contribution

Good question Peter. I have always wondered who they are and how did they get to do the job (not that I would be willing to apply though! :smileywink:)

valerie Inshan wrote:

PeterCanessa Oh wrote:

Good question Peter. I have always wondered who they are and how did they get to do the job (not that I would be willing to apply though! :smileywink:)

I don't know exactly who they are, but I know that Amanda has stated on a couple of occassions that they are people specifically employed by LL (so not volunteers and not resmods).

If I remember rightly, I also believe there were listings for moderators posted on LL's job opportunities page a while ago, so I assume they were emplyed as a result of that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.