Pose Balls Not Registering - Lumiya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

to start...... what do you mean with registering poseballs?....

Lumiya isn't a full features capable viewer, and it's running on a system with very limited hardware and often also the connection is very poor, not only in speed but also in quality. It will never give the same experience and possibilities as a laptop or desktop pc with fully featured hardware.

Sorry, what I mean is when i try to touch it and get the option to touch or sit on it, it'll give me those options for objects behind it instead. I've even used the little hand in the top left corner to try it and i get the problem.

If it is just the viewer that's the problem then fine, but I just wanted to see if there was anything I can do with it, because as it is, I can't get SL to work on the laptop I have.

Serenity1987 wrote:

i try to touch it and get the option to touch or sit on it, it'll give me those options for objects behind it instead. I've even used the little hand in the top left corner to try it and i get the problem.

If it is just the viewer that's the problem then fine, but I just wanted to see if there was anything I can do with it, because as it is, I can't get SL to work on the laptop I have.

start with the last... put your lappie specs in a post and let others see if there's a  workaround for your laptop?... if it's impossible people won't be affraid to tell that too :)

for your SP3 ... perhaps try zooming in so the posballs are larger?

If that doesn't help you'll have to wait till somebody with lumiya finds your post and can give more helpfull answers... but as i said in the first response... lumiya is nice.. and SP is very nice, but not meant for using SL..

From the triple-dot menu on the top right of the 3D view, try "Select object" and line-up the cross-hair with the object you're trying to sit on -- it should highlight red, and then you can choose the "sit" icon in the upper left as normal.

I'm not sure why it doesn't just work by touching directly for small objects. I hadn't noticed it until your post, but you're right, poseballs especially are hard to select without those crosshairs.

I have no idea how much of this is actually useful, but this is what I got from the "System Information" in System Tools for Specs.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Starter
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name USER-PC
System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model X101CH
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel® Atom CPU N2600 @ 1.60GHz, 1600 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. X101CH.1101, 5/30/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Windows Directory C:\windows
System Directory C:\windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name user-PC\user
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 1.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 0.99 GB
Available Physical Memory 82.7 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.18 GB
Available Virtual Memory 581 MB
Page File Space 1.19 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

If anything else is needed I'll find it..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.