why do these empty windows keep popping up when i make an appearance change?

ShelleySnow2001

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is a new bug that seems to have surfaced in the latest viewer build. They do not have an x to close them either, I used Viewer 2.6 yesterday and every time I would undock groups window or any other window I would end up with these residual empty windows that you can not close. Quite annoying

They will stack up on your upper left when you minimize them. A relog is the only way to close them :smileyindifferent:

I have been using 2.6 since it was last updated, I did not actually see any pop up windows when I go into edit outfit or edit shape. The sidebar opens instead.

Edited to add: Ok I was able to replicate your issue. It seems that if you do a edit your shape and undock your sidebar and without saving it did another edit your outfit you will get this duplicated empty window. Since it is empty you can't really dock it back to position and the only way to do that is log off. As Dilbert said, this could be a bug.

maybe as a workaround for you, try not to undock your Appearance sidebar while editing your shape or outfit. The second is, do one thing at a time.. edit your shape and save and then edit your outfit then save.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.