why can't I access phenonix with my viewer 2 single name

Chelsie233

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I created a viewer 2 version of SL I was not allowed to have a first and seconed name. I find viewer 2 very complicated to use. I tried to access the  phoenix version but because I do not have a second name I cannot access phoenix. I just canceled my viewer 2 account with sadness and dissilusionment. please help me if you can.

3 answers to this question

Some old version viewers need first and lastname to login. For new users having a single name only the last name is "Resident" for compatibility purposes. So logging in with your firstname and Resident as lastname should be possible.

Every viewer will take some time to learn and get used to SL - so just give yourself a chance.

• Like 1

As Wolwaner says, if you are using an older viewer that still has the "lastname" field at logon, you need to put "Resident" as your last name in that field. Note that, eventually, all viewers will probably adopt the single Username approach to logon so you'll then just need to use your single name.

I also note that you say you "cancelled your Viewer 2 account". There is no need to do this as accounts are not viewer specific. You create your SL acount and can use that account to login with any compatible / approved viewer (be it Viewer 2, Phoenix or any other third party viewer).

Hope this helps!

:)

As Suella said, accounts are not viewer specific, if you want to get back the account that you cancelled that is possible & you will be able to use that account on Phoenix if you wish.

To get your account back, go to https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ make sure that you are NOT logged in on any account & submit the ticket for "Reactivate an old account" using the email address of the account that you cancelled.

If you have only reccently cancelled it, you will get it back with all your inventory still there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.