unable to log into world. keeps syncing, stating attempting to contact .

BRANDY Avedon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Unable to log in. I have fiestorm (newest one) OS , windows 10, i have reinstalled three times.added the patch and finally got to the login, but the bar wont move to load me in. It says "Attempting to contact.."..... then second attempt  and so on. I let it go for 45 min last night and it still did not connect. i even followed the info for Norton firewall and added sl to it as suggested.  any suggestions .?

2 answers to this question

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer. Use HELP->ABOUT... to collect the info and then paste it in with your question.

Having a good Internet connection does NOT mean you have a good connection to the SL servers. Test it. See: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

You can turn your firewall off for a ffew minutes to determine if it is your firewall that is the problem.

Alwin is right-on with the basic troubleshooting step, try to log into a different region. Use the Destination Guide on the web to pick a place. Last Location or Home as a login place can be a problem if that region is down or has dropped of the grid.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.