Advice needed for clothing that doesn't match with my mesh body alpha parts!!

MommysPrincessRuby

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yeah long title :catembarrassed:

Ok.  I have a G Inc. Perfect Body.  It's my first mesh body and I like it quite a bit.  My problem is so many of the mesh/fitted mesh clothing is low cut in the chest area.  The way the body alpha is cut when I try to hide my breasts to wear these low cut outfits you can "see thru" to my inside.  Hopefully that makes sense???  So basically I am stuck with no low cut anything.  Outside of the maker having to change the whole alpha table is there something I can do to wear these clothes?  

And I suppose since I'm here, with a mesh body, can I wear "classic" mesh clothing or just the fitted mesh??

Thank you in advance for your assistance!!  

Ruby xx

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do until the creator fixes the problem.  I'd send a message to the creator about this problem, so they can.

You can't wear traditional mesh clothing because it goes under your mesh body onto the underlying legacy avatar.  However your body does work with the Omega applier system.  There is a wide range of clothing available with these appliers.  It is like system clothes, but is applied to your mesh body not underneath it.

When it comes to mesh clothes, you are tied to the alpha options your bodies hud provides. There is really no way around that, except for the creator updating their product and providing better alpha options....or switching to a body with better alpha options and/or more clothes specifically made for that body.

MommysPrincessRuby wrote:

Outside of the maker having to change the whole alpha table is there something I can do to wear these clothes?  

And I suppose since I'm here, with a mesh body, can I wear "classic" mesh clothing or just the fitted mesh??

Yes, there IS something you can do to help you fit into mesh clothing better.

When you say "classic" mesh I assume you mean "rigged" mesh that comes in the standard sizes (eg XS, S, M, L, XL). (I think Jetaime thought you meant the classic system layer clothing, which cannot be worn on any mesh body). When using a fitted mesh body that doesn't have clothing specifically designed for it, your best option is to probably try wearing mesh clothing that comes in the 'standard sizes'.

Pick the size which most closely matches yours, and then try adjusting your breast shape. You've got three sliders to work with to alter the size, lift and cleavage (or size, gravity and join as it's called on the appearance editor).

Adjust your breast shape and in many cases, when wearing "classic" standard clothing, you can probably fit them into the clothing without needed the alpha at all, although just hiding the nipples might help you fit more snuggly. Detach your physics though if you wear any! Or your breasts will bounce and clip through your clothing when you move.

Fitted mesh on the otherhand maybe harder - unlike rigged mesh, fitted mesh adjusts to your breast size when you use those sliders, which in theory means that if doesn't fit then it never will. However, it can sometimes still make a difference as the clothing may stretch differnetly to the way the body breasts do, so is still worth trying.

It's also worth trying the clothing made for the other mesh bodies. Sometimes they can fit other mesh bodies reasonable well (with a little help from your alpha hud if needed).

But as always - try DEMOS first!

ETA: If adjusting your body this way to fit clothing, save your shape as a new version and keep it with the outfit so that you've still got your original shape to go back to.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

You can't wear traditional mesh clothing because it goes under your mesh body onto the underlying legacy avatar.

I may be wrong, but when she says "traditional mesh clothing" I suspect she was referring to "rigged mesh" as opposed to "fitted mesh".

In which case, when wearing "rigged mesh" clothing, it is possible to wear it on a fitted mesh body and then adjust the shape of the breasts to fit the clothing better and reduce the need for the alpha hud.

There's nothing you can do, sad to say. More alpha cuts in the chest is the only way to fix it. 

You can techically wear classic mesh clothing, but classic mesh is fitted to the classic avatar, so it may or may not fit your mesh body. TMP, for instance, is not really aligned with the standard avatar skeleton, so clothing not made for it CAN be worn, but doesn't sit right. (Shirts float above the shoulders, etc.)

Your other option is wear applier clothing, or to combine applier clothing with mesh clothing, such as wearing an applier top with mesh jeans.

Thank you all for the help!!!

Yes, I was meaning the classic rigged mesh.  I have a few of those outfits that I will try.  I sadly was cleaning house one day and deleted my whole folder of outfits I had collected over my short life (Only three months old :D)  So, Ill pull out the few I have and try.  I think the issue will be with my breasts, and this Mesh body is specifically made larger in the butt and breast areas.  I do also have a small collection of Omega clothing, so I may just have to stick with that for now while I save up my monthly "allowance" I get IRL.  

I have glanced at the Slink bodies, and a few of the others.  I just dont generally have the Lindens to slap down on one.  

Once again, you all are great!!! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.