I want a new nick - I want delete my old account and create new - is there any problems with this?

PearlNauma

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4309 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello all,

I want to change my nick. Yes, I know - one person can have only one nick in Second Life. But I didn't knew, that my nickname will be always visible. So I want to create new account, transfer all my items from my inventory to that new account and then, as soon as posible, delete old account. But I'm affraid - maybe I cant do that? Maybe someone will ban me in this very short moment? Please, tell me, what and how to do it. Maybe there's another way to change my nick? I know, that not all my items are tranferrable... I dont want to have problems or to make something inconsistent with the SL-rules...

Sorry, english isn't my native language and sometimes is... poor...

Thank You for all answers

5 answers to this question

Your English is perfectly clear, no need to worry.

Linden Lab say you can have up to 5 accounts, which are commonly called 'alts', for alternative-accounts.  Just register again with the same details to create a new one.  You will be able to Pay L$ to your new avatar and pass-over all your transferable items.  Unfortunately there is no way to give it the non-transferable objects as well.

It is better NOT to delete your old account.  Sometimes you may want to come back to being PearlNauma :-)  Unless you have a premium account it doesn't cost you anything so keep it for a while.

By 'nick' I assume you may be referring to the Display Name.  You can change that once each week if you like.  There is no need to cancel your account!  You may not be able to transfer over all of your inventory to another avatar anyway. 

Every avatar has a name that you choose when you first create one.  Then, you also have the option of creating a Display name that will also show over your head.  You can change this name once each week (or keep it permanently).

Here is more information on Display Names:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Display-names/ta-p/700173

To delete your account, you just need to click on the Second Life logo/icon at the top left hand side of this screen, and look through the options on the left hand side. There is one for "cancel account". Read the screen carefully, because it does tell you what you need to consider if you decide you might want to return at a later date (and believe me, many people who thought they wanted to leave Second Life for good, have returned and wanted to reactivate their account).

Remember, you can always create a brand new avatar - officially you can have up to five accounts per household. Sometimes a change is as good as a rest.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4309 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.