Sign in to follow this  
Vellie Wasp

Seeking some advice about photograpgy and alphas

I starting to learn little bit about photograpgy and custom photos made with green boards. i am using a tool call Paint.net and plugin call color to alpha . after a little while i get green background to turn into alpha but leave small green line around avatar while i am editing the photo. 

using a spolier since a nude photo

if any one can help me please do and thank you 

First and most important thing is to set the graphics to as high as your computer can handle. Specially object and avatar quality. 

Then you need to increase the size of the snapshot you take - I usually shoot them around 5000 pixels wide, and always save as .png type of the file!

Concerning the green screen - it doesn't HAVE to be green! You can use any color you like, I often use gray, sometimes white. Gray color is best because if you have some leftovers, they can easily blend in the background of your choice.

• Like 2

You could also create a mask or simply cheat a little by selecting the green area, expanding it by one or two pixels, and clearing it. Especially if you have taken your photo at high res, you'll get rid of all the green background and won't lose more than a little sliver of what's left, if any.

BTW, it's mostly a matter of stylistic opinion, but I find it a lot easier to do most operations that involve alpha channels if I use TGA format instead of PNG.

• Like 1

when using paint.net.....what I do is remove all ya can with the wand. Then I add a layer, and make it a bright contrasting color, sink it below.....then I click on layer to clean and now you can see all those fine lil green lines, I use the eraser , bring the pic up big to better see, and clean out any leftovers....hope that helps